Invitation to help build the future as Battery Scientist/Electrochemist
The future is green and we’re moving there fast.
Talga is enabling this transition by establishing a sustainable, vertically integrated European source of advanced materials and battery anode for the growing lithium-ion battery industry. With ownership of the world’s highest grade natural graphite deposits, access to clean Nordic renewable energy, and streamlined production processes, Talga is uniquely positioned to become a key player in the growing green economy.
With mining, mineral processing and anode manufacturing operations in northern Sweden; Product development and sales in the UK; process development and distribution in Germany; and our corporate head office in Western Australia, Talga is truly a global company.
is to contribute to the development of next generation battery materials.
- Perform daily lithium-ion cell manufacturing and electrochemical testing at laboratory scale
- Develop and optimise testing protocols for novel battery materials
- Prepare aqueous dispersions/slurries of battery materials and characterise these through rheometry and viscometry
- Prepare battery electrodes and characterise electrode quality
- Build coin and pouch cells and test these using electrochemical techniques, such as galvanostatic charge/discharge cycler, cyclic voltammetry, impedance spectroscopy
- Interpret data and meet strict guidelines on documentation when recording data
- Produce technical documentation
- Work collaboratively across multi-cultural and -functional teams
- Support the upkeep of the battery laboratory, installation and commissioning of new equipment, equipment maintenance and calibration
To be successful in the role
- 3+ years of experience in equivalent role in highly regulated laboratory environment.
- BSc or MSc degree in Electrochemistry, chemistry, material science or similar.
- Practical hands-on experience and good skills in laboratory for dispersion and powder characterisation.
- Strong computer literacy skills with knowledge of MS applications.
Good to have:
- Practical experience with battery electrode and cell preparation and testing, preferably in an electrochemistry laboratory in industry setting.
- Practical experience with galvanostatic charge/discharge cycler, cyclic voltammetry and impedance spectroscopy.
- Good understanding on electrochemistry and lithium-ion batteries.
As a person you have:
- Attention to detail and methodical approach for working
- Ability to carry out critical analysis of results and self-confidence to raise all findings to the wider team
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Good organisational skills to manage own workload
- Creativity and the initiative to suggest improvements in daily work
- Good numeracy and IT skills
- Presentation skills and the ability to convey technical information
The position is full time and based in Cambridge, UK.
We handle applications on an ongoing basis and the position can be filled during the application period, therefore, send in your application in English as soon as possible.
Applications close on 8th December 2023
For specific questions please reach out to: firstname.lastname@example.org
A sustainable culture
At Talga, our culture is actively built and lived by all employees.
With us, you will have impact. We make decisions and take actions that have a strong positive effect. We act with intent and care to create products with a purpose for the companies that are defining the future.
You will be reliable. We are dependable and trusted to deliver on our commitments. We are steadfast to our promises, no matter what. We stick to our principles and remain true to our vision to deliver on our mission and goals.
You will have ingenuity. We employ an entrepreneurial spirit to find the better way. We apply original thinking to imagine the ideal outcome. We are resourceful to make the better way a reality.
You will work with transparency. We take full ownership of our operations and offer visibility into our processes as we scale and grow. We are answerable for our actions and have an obligation to pursue excellence in everything that we do.
You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanity serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, religion, nationality, ethnic background, disability, and age.
For more information about working at Talga, visit www.talgagroup.com