Graphic Designer Job Code
Project Director Direct Reports
Highly creative Graphic Designer who can take conceptual ideas and create visual representations, both in print and electronic media. The ideal candidate will have expert knowledge of current design software and skilled with every step of the design process from concept to the final deliverable. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES
Roles, responsibilities and Functions
BACKGROUND, ESSENTIAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- An excellent Graphic Designer must have a thorough understanding of branding and marketing, with the ability to vary style and layouts depending on the project.
- The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, those listed below:
- Work on a wide range of projects and media, using various computer software to visualize and develop innovative graphic designs that meet business goals.
- Work independently and cooperatively on multiple projects with internal teams, meeting deadlines and budget constraints, and scheduling project implementation based on workload, which may include
- Meet with internal and stakeholders clients to gain an understanding of what they want their proposed communications to look like. Create or incorporate illustrations, pictures, and designs to reflect the desired theme and tone of the communications.
- Planning concepts by studying relevant information and materials.
- Collaborate, brainstorm, and strategize with multiple teams or clients for a wide range of materials that may include web pages, presentations, programming collateral, signage, internal communication, newsletters, and marketing materials.
- Presenting ideas, concepts and design solutions to various stakeholders and incorporating their feedback into the final design.
- Conceptualizing and developing design concepts, graphics and layouts.
- Managing suppliers and service providers to ensure proofs are of good quality and in line with production specifications.
- The role will consist of approximately 50% direct production of presentation materials and 50% managing external consultants to procure relevant materials.
Knowledge and Experience
- 5+ years in professional graphic design, preferably with a creative or marketing agency as well as a strong portfolio of related projects.
- Sound knowledge of design tools such as Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop.
- Experience working with data-led presentations is highly desirable – presenting numbers, statistics, graphs and charts with outstanding visual style.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Organizational and time-management skills for meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Effective time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Flexible adaptive approach with positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Outstanding creative, design skills
- Ability to connect various concepts into a cohesive narrative and communicate complex ideas to a broad audience.
- Excellent conceptual and design skills, with emphasis on aesthetics
- Fluent in writing and speaking English, spoken and written
- Proactive, reliable, accountable, consistent, independent, clever, nice, generous
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills,
- Attention to detail and a methodical approach to work.
- Flexibility and attitude towards company objectives.
- Outstanding presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- A keen eye for attention to detail and accuracy
- Proactive and self-motivated, with the ability to take initiative in response to direction from project managers, directors and partners
- A team player, with a flexible and open attitude towards new ways of working and collaborating
COMMUNICATION - MAIN STAKEHOLDERS
- B.Arch from a recognized university
- Published graphic design works is highly appreciated
- Any professional certification is highly apreaciated.
V1 Prepared by
Date: 18/05/2022 First Review by
Date: Second Review by
Date: Approved by