Join our Team for a Bright Future in Renewable Energy
are one of the country's leading Solar PV engineering specialists and are proud to have supported some of the UK's leading brands to reduce their carbon footprint and save on their energy bills.
As the renewable energy industry continues its rapid expansion, so do we. We are actively seeking an experienced Solar PV Design Engineer to join our fantastic team at our HQ in Uddingston where you can grow alongside our expanding business. Developing and perfecting your skills within our diverse team who have industry accreditation will secure your professional progression within this ever-changing field.The Role
As a Solar PV Design Engineer, you will produce quotations and pre-installation design services including Solar PV, Battery Storage, and energy monitoring solutions.
What You Will Need
- Preparing design drawings and calculations to suit customer requirements.
- Prepare customer quotations and costings.
- Establish and maintain relationship with suppliers.
- Assist with planning for larger projects.
- Prepare contract technical submissions from inception to working contract handover.
- A Degree or HNC in Electrical Engineering or equivalent qualification
- previous experience in a similar role
- Ideally you will have experience using PVSol and PVSyst
- Experience using AutoCAD to produce pre-installation and As-fitted drawings
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Package
- Good understanding of current Building Regulations, Codes of Practice and Legislative Requirements
- understanding of specifications and drawings and the ability to check drawings for accuracy and build ability.
- An understanding of the contract and contract conditions and obligations
- First class attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Competitive salary depending on experience.
- Generous 33 days holiday (inclusive of public holidays) which increases with length of service.
- Holiday Buy/Sell scheme.
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme and Wellbeing Portal
- Employee Discounts Portal
- Excellent development opportunities, training, and support
- Free Parking
- Cycle scheme
In return, you’ll be joining a highly engaged and passionate team that rewards commitment and achievement. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, then we would love to hear from you.
Emtec Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We are committed to working in an environment that is free from all types of discrimination, is inclusive and empowers our people to bring their whole self to work and reach their full potential. At Emtec Group, we recognise that we can grow and thrive with a diverse team of people. We hire great people from a variety of backgrounds not just because it is the right thing to do, but because it makes our Company stronger.