We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
In today’s world it’s important to work for a company that has clear purpose, giving back to communities and supporting what is truly important in the world.
When considering a career move it’s vital to work for a business that is aligned to your values and goals, a place where you can belong. See what WSP stands for in 2023 and beyond…
To find out more about our Energy business click on the following link and discover what awaits you at WSP: WSP | Hydrogen WSP | Energy
Your new role, what's involved?
We are seeking a hydrogen specialist to join our Gas & Hydrogen and Energy Transition team. Our teams expertise covers all aspects of the traditional gas markets, the emerging Hydrogen sectors, decarbonisation of industry, energy transition technologies and more conventional power generation. Our services range from advisory services through to concept/feasibility and FEED engineering design and project delivery.
In this role you will:
- Provide advisory and design services to Hydrogen projects across WSP’s sectors and business units.
- Work on projects at all stages of development, including advisory services (due diligence, LTA), owners engineer, feasibility, concept, FEED and detailed design.
- Developing hydrogen and decarbonisation solutions, including demand and supply profiles, funding applications, scenarios and roadmaps/pathways for clients.
- Writing up technical and strategic reports for clients.
- Contributing to feasibility and advisory studies related to hydrogen, heating and decarbonisation.
- Preparation of process engineering deliverables such as calculations, specifications, datasheets, process drawings and simulations.
- To represent the company through the delivery of presentations, conference attendance and publication of thought leadership pieces.
- Contribute to the group, and your own, continuous professional development and training, including the mentoring of others.
- Developing proposals and bids, and where necessary funding applications
You will be joining the Gas and Hydrogen team, part of a broader Energy focused group. The team currently hosts subject matter experts in natural gas transmission and networks, carbon capture and hydrogen. WSP have a strong history of gas network, transmission and pipeline projects and currently support the UK’s gas network operators through multiple frameworks. Our hydrogen clients range from the gas network operators through industrial decarbonisation on existing facilities to developers of hydrogen production and storage facilities. WSP operate a global network of hydrogen specialists and routinely operate access global projects. We also provide support to other sectors and services from advisory services like due diligence, master planning, planning/DCO application support to technical advice in other sectors such as transport, energy networks and buildings.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- A relevant degree in engineering or science subjects.
- Are you chartered or significantly progressed on your journey in pursing professional qualifications with a relevant professional body.
- Experience in the hydrogen sector especially hydrogen infrastructure, heat and production and industrial decarbonisation.
- Good IT skills are paramount, as well as the ability to learn and use bespoke engineering and project management tools
- Project engineering/management experience
- Client facing experience is desired, so professionalism and excellent communication skills, written and verbal are a must.
What's in it for you?
WSP recognises that work is only one part of your life and making time for other things is important – whether that’s for your families, friends, or yourself.
Our hybrid working policy allows the flexibility to work from the comfort of your own home as well as collaborating in our contemporary offices across the UK.
We want our people to achieve rewarding careers, bringing their whole selves to work. We celebrate integrity and treat people with respect, supporting each other and embracing diversity to create a culture of inclusion and belonging at WSP.
Our employee resource groups VIBE (LGBTQ+ employees), CREED (Championing Racial Equality and Ethnic Diversity) and our Gender Balance Group, in tandem with WSP’s Neurodiverse Community Group, WSP Connect Group (visible and non-visible disabilities) help us promote the right environment for you to reach your full potential.
We are committed to supporting our people, giving you the tools to make improvements to your health and wellbeing through our Thrive programme.
Med24 gives you and your family unrestricted telephone access to an NHS doctor where you can call day or night or have a face-to-face video consultation.
For improved work life balance, WSP offers the “WSP Hour” which enables you to take one hour per day to do as you wish and make up the time earlier or later that day. We also offer part time and flexible working arrangements plus the option to flex your bank holiday entitlement to suit you.
We appreciate that development and training is important to you and that’s why we have a supportive environment that invests in your development, whether that’s chartership, training or mentoring.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!#WeAreWSP
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. As a Disability Confident leader, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria, please let us know if you require any workplace adjustments in support of your application.
Please note WSP reserves the right to close the vacancy before the advertised closing date.