We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
In today’s world it’s important to work for a company that has clear purpose, giving back to communities and supporting what is truly important in the world.
When considering a career move its vital to work for a business that is aligned to your values and goals, a place where you can belong. See what WSP stands for in 2023 and beyond…
To find out more about our ENERGY
business click on the following link and discover what awaits you at WSP:
Your new role, what's involved?
Join us as an engineer in the Gas and Hydrogen team and you’ll join a team delivering projects in Hydrogen, CCUS and decarbonisation across the full range of technology, industry sectors and the supply chain.
- Provide engineering design and project support to Hydrogen, Gas and related projects
- Provide guidance and advice to project teams on Hydrogen, Gas and decarbonisation across the WSP business and sectors
- Support the development of subject matter expertise in gas and hydrogen, including transmission, production and storage
- Support the international activities of WSP’s hydrogen network, providing input into global projects and advisory services.
- Ensuring efficient project delivery, supporting our project managers
- Our Gas and Hydrogen team works primarily in transmission systems, delivering projects for pipeline and infrastructure operators. Increasingly this team works across the Hydrogen sector and is the home of its UK subject matter experts. Our projects cover pipelines, distribution, conversion to hydrogen, storage and production of hydrogen. Services we provide range from advisory and policy, subject matter technical support through to the design and delivery of Hydrogen projects. We provide those services to a range of internal teams such as zero emission transport or our renewables team and to clients from government to gas networks and hydrogen producers at all scales. We support global projects, as well as our focus in the UK, as part of a global network of specialists and expanding experience of our project teams. The team is distributed across the UK, with a focus on our offices Manchester and Birmingham and in the North East (Stockton, Newcastle and Leeds).
- As a Hydrogen Engineer with the Hydrogen team you will work on a variety of projects from pipelines to production. The Hydrogen team is currently supporting pipeline and network conversion projects in the UK, including industrial and domestic end user conversion as well as multiple “green” Hydrogen production facilities. You could be working with the pipelines team in the UK or Canada, looking at storage with our USA colleagues, working on production plant designs from MW to GW scale or helping a client understand how you convert an area to Hydrogen usage.
- You will join a specialist team that operates within the Energy discipline at WSP. As well as gas and Hydrogen projects you will have the opportunity to work in other sectors such as process, CCUS, power, water and industry as part of your development.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- A relevant degree and are professionally qualified or working towards chartership with membership of an applicable institution.
- An appetite to work in the hydrogen and decarbonisation sector
- We are particularly interested in applicants with experience of the following:
- Gas distribution networks
- Hydrogen production – electrolysis, reforming
- Net Zero/Decarbonisation
- The ability to work on your own initiative on technical matters, providing consultancy support and advice to our clients and to others within the team.
- An ability to coordinate with other disciplines and liaise effectively with clients and suppliers
- A full UK or Irish Driving Licence (Essential)
- Good presentation, written and verbal communication skills in English.
What's in it for you?
WSP recognises that work is only one part of your life and making time for other things is important – whether that’s for your families, friends, or yourself.
Our hybrid working policy allows the flexibility to work from the comfort of your own home as well as collaborating in our contemporary offices across the UK.
We want our people to achieve rewarding careers, bringing their whole selves to work. We celebrate integrity and treat people with respect, supporting each other and embracing diversity to create a culture of inclusion and belonging at WSP.
Our employee resource groups VIBE (LGBTQ+ employees), CREED (Championing Racial Equality and Ethnic Diversity) and our Gender Balance Group, in tandem with WSP’s Neurodiverse Community Group, WSP Connect Group (visible and non-visible disabilities) help us promote the right environment for you to reach your full potential.
We are committed to supporting our people, giving you the tools to make improvements to your health and wellbeing through our Thrive programme.
Med24 gives you and your family unrestricted telephone access to an NHS doctor where you can call day or night or have a face-to-face video consultation.
For improved work life balance, WSP offers the “WSP Hour” which enables you to take one hour per day to do as you wish and make up the time earlier or later that day. We also offer part time and flexible working arrangements plus the option to flex your bank holiday entitlement to suit you.
We appreciate that development and training is important to you and that’s why we have a supportive environment that invests in your development, whether that’s chartership, training or mentoring.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!#WeAreWSP
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. As a Disability Confident leader, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria, please let us know if you require any workplace adjustments in support of your application.
Please note WSP reserves the right to close the vacancy before the advertised closing date.