Who are we?
Zulu Ecosystems is rapidly and responsibly regenerating natural ecosystems so that the planet and its communities can thrive.
We use proprietary technology and on-the-ground relationships to mobilise landowners, investors, and local communities to regenerate nature at scale. Ecosystem regeneration, when done in the right way, is a crucial component of climate mitigation and adaptation, delivering truly impactful outcomes including biodiversity uplift, improved soil health, water regulation, carbon sequestration, green jobs, health, and recreational benefits to communities. Importantly, these projects can also generate economic returns which help to incentivise stakeholders, attract financing and secure critical resources.
We believe that when armed with the right insights and tools, landholders, investors and other stakeholders are motivated to regenerate degraded land to maximise its natural capital potential. In providing those insights and tools, our pioneering technology enables stakeholders to quickly and confidently assess, finance, and manage high impact landscape-scale projects. It also helps us to drive operational excellence and scalability into project delivery.Your mission
You will be responsible for developing and deploying cutting edge distributed data solutions. Our team is agile and highly collaborative.
- Build and maintain pipelines to deliver data to our platform product for a variety of internal stakeholders with different user requirements
- Operate and ensure compliance with data quality, data security and data integrity controls
- Ensure we have the data platform necessary to deliver efficiently and effectively
- Monitor and troubleshoot system performance and errors
- Contribute to the development of internal APIs
- Automate business processes to help nature regeneration experts work more efficiently
This role balances some technical and non-technical responsibilities. You’ll have the chance to work directly with key stakeholders and break down objectives into actionable segments to drive change across the business. You’ll also be gaining significant exposure to leading industry partners and investors at the forefront of climate change mitigation.Your profile
We are looking for a skilled Data Engineer with a demonstrated desire to help solve the climate and nature crises. Experience in the following will help you in this role. You don’t need to have experience in all of them:
- Python and SQL
- Delivering products in an agile team
- Using metrics to drive data quality and governance
- Building datasets optimised for exploration by analysts and data scientists
- Workflow orchestration tools like Airflow, Step Functions
- Infrastructure as code (eg Terraform) and CI tools (eg Github Actions)
- Knowledge of geospatial tools and formats
- Integrated data platforms like Databricks
- 25 days holiday
- New computer and accessories of choice (MacBook/Windows)
- Workplace pension scheme
- Hybrid working
- Central London office just a stone’s throw away from Hyde Park
- Knowledge sharing across teams with a strong focus on continuous learning through internal and external training and personal development
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual L&D budget
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience level - up to £80,000 base indicative range, with the option to structure your package with equity
Before you apply:
We will only use the personal data you provide to process your application. By emailing us your CV and covering letter, you consent to Zulu Forest Sciences using the information you have provided for recruitment purposes. Interested applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Zulu Ecosystems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.