Do you want to work to make Power for Good?
We're the world's largest independent renewable energy company. We're driven by a simple yet powerful vision: to create a future where everyone has access to affordable, zero carbon energy.
We know that achieving our ambitions would be impossible without our people. Because we're tackling some of the world's toughest problems, we need the very best people to help us. They're our most important asset so that's why we continually invest in them.
RES is a family with a diverse workforce, and we are dedicated to the personal professional growth of our people, no matter what stage of their career they're at. We can promise you rewarding work which makes a real impact, the chance to learn from inspiring colleagues from across a growing, global network and opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
Our competitive package offers rewards and benefits including pension schemes, flexible working, and top-down emphasis on better work-life balance. We also offer private healthcare, discounted green travel, 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell days, enhanced family leave and four volunteering days per year so you can make an impact somewhere else.
The Offshore team at RES provides a wide range of internal and external / client services across the pre and post consent development, construction and O&M phases of offshore windfarm projects. Assisting in the delivery of successful projects from initiation to realisation requires a multidisciplinary team in which project development plays a significant role.
Due to increasing client interest and internal project development opportunities in the UK and other markets that RES operates in, we are looking to expand the Projects team by recruiting an experienced Project Developer on a permanent basis. You will be a member of the Projects team within Offshore and could work on a range of development-phase project in the UK and other markets. This could involve taking projects from an early stage through development to consent, providing advice and support to project development and managing internal/external resources to secure all necessary approvals required for the construction of the projects.
- Managing and/or supporting multiple projects through all development-phase stages.
- Take personal responsibility for delivering project objectives.
- Collaborative working across small project teams including development, engineering, technical, legal and financial functions within the company, both in the UK and in support of project development in other markets that RES operates in.
- Cooperating with international business units to draw on wider company expertise
- Planning and coordinating internal resources and external consultancy to deliver renewable energy projects.
- Managing external consultants in the preparation of environmental impact assessments and supporting information for permits and approvals.
- Project delivery through leading internal specialists in property, engineering, technical, grid, legal, commercial and financial modelling.
- Managing project risks at each stage of the project with a clear understanding of the permits and approvals required prior to commencement of construction.
- Managing external stakeholders, relationships and communications through the design and implementation of effective and innovative community engagement strategies.
- Formulating and managing project development plans and development budgets.
- Ensure that team are working in accordance with RES Health, Safety, Quality and Environment procedures and relevant H&S legislation.
- Be an exemplary role model to encourage the avoidance of risk-taking behaviours across the business and provide the personal commitment never to “risk it”.
This is an office-based role but may require some travel within the UK and abroad.
This role would suit a degree qualified person with a minimum of eight years’ experience in the development of renewable energy projects. Experience in the management and co-ordination of development-phase activities in the offshore wind energy sector would be strongly advantageous. The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate that they have the following:
- Renewables industry (including offshore renewables development strategies in Europe and other relevant markets)
- Experience with development, consenting and environmental impact assessment preferred
- UK planning process and other relevant legislation
- Community liaison and stakeholder management
- Project management
- Creation and management of programmes, budgets and risk registers
- Organisational and collaborative working within multidisciplinary teams
- Communication and commercial negotiation skills
- Wind energy development particularly with offshore development experience and a network in industry preferred
- Stakeholder engagement experience particularly with statutory stakeholders and regulators preferred
- Leading and motivating a multidisciplinary team
- Degree in an environmental, engineering, planning, science or business-based subject. Other relevant higher-level qualifications or relevant experience will be considered
- Microsoft Office
- Business level of English capability
- Current driving licence
The recruitment process will consist of a virtual meeting followed by two formal interviews. We are looking to recruit the position as soon as possible. When applying please include a cover letter and copy of your CV.
At RES we celebrate difference as we know it makes our company a great place to work. Encouraging applicants with different backgrounds, ideas and points of view, we create teams who work together to solve complex problems and design practical solutions for our clients. Our multiple perspectives come from many sources including the diverse ethnicity, culture, gender, nationality, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, marital status, parental status, education, social background and life experience of our people.