Our solutions are a key part of most industries - electronics, medical research, renewable energy, food production, infrastructure and many more. Working with us means working with the latest technologies and groundbreaking, sustainable innovations.Join us on our journey for a better tomorrow.
Atlas Copco Tools forms part of the Atlas Copco group, which was established in Sweden in 1873. The operations within the UK are, for the most part, dedicated to sales and service. Atlas Copco Tools has its head office in Hemel Hempstead. The business objectives are to focus consistently on the customer in all areas of activity - including product development. The company is committed to the professional development of all employees and strives to provide every possible opportunity to enhance their competence.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to be a part of the Service team for Atlas Copco Tools! We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated person who can work as a Nissan TMC Technician in our Service team. You will report to the TMC Team Leader. This role is based in Sunderland.Through daily onsite presence at our customer premises based in Sunderland, you will be responsible for the support to DC tooling and ASD Spindles to include – but not limited to:
- Preventative Maintenance (PM) / Service of equipment at defined intervals
- Annual calibration of equipment following a PM intervention / Service or where applicable a repair
- Repair damaged equipment
- Reprogram tools and controllers, including software changes
- Provide 2nd line support to the customer when required
- Have a strong understanding of tightening techniques
- Strong software knowledge to ensure support to tooling controllers and customer SQS systems are supported
- Liaise, on behalf of Atlas Copco, with the customer daily and communicate any issues that may impact their production timely where required. Offer advice and feedback, according to the needs of the business.
- Complete all required reporting via appropriate systems daily
- Maintain tooling schedules and highlight discrepancies or improvement opportunities.
- Liaise with internal Atlas Copco departments for offsite activities
- Organize and manage spare parts requirements for the maintained equipment.
- Implement 5S processes in the provided workspace – adhering to customer site protocols
Working as part of the UK Service team, you will ensure that daily tasks are carried out safely and to a high standard. A flexible approach to working patterns is a must with the employee supporting at weekends where necessary. All activities must be recorded as per the defined on-site processes using the systems available and ensuring maximum KPIs are achieved.You will be required to:
- Ensure all work is carried out with full compliance to site health and safety standards and relevant risk assessments.
- Workshop maintained to 5S standards. The workshop and rest area must always be kept clean and tidy.
- Attend regular toolbox meetings.
- To work toward the resolution of the customer’s issues, with the support of the service team.
- To support Atlas Copco’s sales and general service sales activities by developing and maintaining key customer relationships.
- Note: Employee should be based locally at Nissan Manufacturing UK, Sunderland. This role does not include company car or fuel/mileage payments.
Monday to Friday – (Mornings and Lates) – 8.5 hrs per day (including 30 mins lunch break)
- The successful candidate must have a flexible approach to work.
- There will be a requirement for some weekend work (Saturday only or Saturday and Sunday, depending on the site requirements) which will result in paid overtime.
- Depending on site activities there may be a need, at the agreement of all parties to adjust working times occasionally.
- Some holidays will need to be aligned to customer shutdown periods. All other leave must be booked in advance with the agreement of both parties.
- HNC in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or equivalent, or proven history within this industry (5yrs plus)
- Has experience in a
Manufacturing Environment.Information Technology
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office suite and Windows environment.
- Software, networking protocols and infrastructure
- Experience with PLC’s and line control systems
(Knowledge, experience & background)
- Knows Industrial Power Tools i.e. Pneumatic, Battery and DC and spindles
- Knows of either a
Manufacturing or Customer Service Environment.
- Has experience of providing a Service to customers
In return, we offer
- The successful candidate will be: -
- A confident person who is willing and able to work alone but also a good team player.
- Excellent communication skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Must have an eye for detail, drive and commitment to see the job through to a successful conclusion.
- Be highly motivated, enthusiastic, and determined.
- Ability to work as an individual and able to work on own initiative
- Good communication skills.
- Keen for new experience, responsibility, and accountability
- Able to identify alternatives to current thinking; ability to develop and implement innovative solutions to problems.
- Able to promote, develop and maintain a culture conducive to quality throughout the organisation and to improve its performance.
- Clean driving license
Diverse by nature and inclusive by choice
- We believe and foster a learning culture where global mobility is an important enabler for growth.
- Our learning culture supports you on your journey: benefit from our individual learning opportunities (LinkedInLearning e.g.), our feedback culture, the internal job portal, global project assignments, or on-site training from our academy.
- We support you and your well-being with different programs like running groups, family parties, team events, and more.
- We offer an excellent benefits package- including health insurance, paid leave and retirement benefits.
Bright ideas come from all of us. The more unique perspectives we embrace, the more innovative we are. Together we build a culture where difference is valued and we share a deep sense of purpose and belonging.