We need everyone's positive energy and innovative thinking to lead the energy transition to net zero. That's why we welcome applications from all backgrounds and experiences and have a range of flexible working options to suit everyone!
Base location –Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh and Southern Scotland)
E.ON Branded van provided
Salary - £40,000 based on 40 hours per week
At E.ON we are leading the energy transition towards net zero. Solutions installations and Smart Metering is the key first step to customers understanding their energy usage.
We are looking for a permanent Qualified Electrician to join our growing Solutions Installation teams across Scotland. If you're looking for a job with independence, variety and the opportunity to help people we'd like to hear from you.
As a Net Zero Electrical Installer, you will be installing a range of Solutions including Electric Vehicle Chargers, Solar PV and Battery Storage, Heat pump controls and Smart Meters in our customers' homes.
Every visit is different, we pride ourselves on delivering excellent customer service in the field. We’re proud to be an inclusive employer and welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Excited but not sure you tick every box?
When you first start, you’ll undertake an induction programme into the ways of working in E.ON. You will get a company van, tools and uniform to get you on your way. You will work as a registered competent electrician with the expectation that if not already gained you will train on Smart Meter also.
We offer excellent opportunities for career progression – lots of our Meter Technicians and Installers go on to become Specialists and Team Leaders.
What we need from you
- Appropriate electrical qualifications: Electrical core skills to level 3 in installation, City and Guilds 236 or equivalent, BS7671 Requirements for Electrical installations 18th Edition, Inspection & testing certification to City and Guilds 2391 or equivalent
- Demonstrate a minimum of 2 years’ experience in domestic or commercial electrical installations.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- A full valid UK/EU driving licence.
- A pro-active and creative approach to problem solving with the ability to identify, communicate and solve complex problems.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, including CDM 2015, NRSWA, Electricity at Work Act, IET codes of practice.
- The ability to work under pressure and to always deliver as required to challenging deadlines.
- The ability to plan work in advance, have high organisational skills using email and our integrated EV systems and the ability to adapt to changing conditions on site.
- Flexibility to stay away in hotels nationwide when required to bridge any gaps in where our solutions work has landed.
- The candidate will be driven and versatile. Leading to enhanced jobs being complete with customer satisfaction in mind
It would be great if you
- Are fully conversant with all Dual Fuel (gas & electricity) SMART metering and associated equipment including installation and maintenance as Smart metering will be conducted where applicable.
- Are fully conversant and experienced in three phase whole current metering.
- Have a Gas Certificate evidencing a valid CMA or CCN authorisation and a valid MET authorisation.
- Have a MOCOPA Electric Certificate evidencing authorisation.
- Have a EUSR card, showing the EUSR number and demonstrating smart metering authorisations on the reverse.
- Have knowledge and experience of EV charger installations.
Here’s what you need to know
Our market-leading benefits package includes 26 days holiday + bank holidays, a generous pension scheme, life cover, bonus, and the chance to choose from 20 flexible benefits with tax and/or NI savings. In fact, our benefits package recently won the Personnel Today Reward, Recognition and Benefits Award 2022!
As the only energy company to feature in The Inclusive Top 50 UK Employers (our 2022/23 ranking is 15th) we’ve proven that we’re committed to equal opportunities and actively promote a diverse and inclusive working environment, and fairness for everyone.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we interview every disabled applicant who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We’ve exciting opportunities for everyone to develop their talent at E.ON. Our open access, inclusive talent networks provide networking, learning and development for all, building your skills, qualifications, and capabilities throughout your career.