PeoplesFuture Ltd (a sister company of Coventry University) provides a sector leading, dedicated inclusive service to Coventry University Group students supporting their successful global education experience and graduate employment outcomes. Tailoring our service to each students’ individual needs and career aspirations, we are an integral part of the student journey that starts at enrolment and continues beyond graduation.
The School of Future Transport Engineering (FTE) aspires to be a leading, forward-thinking destination of choice for staff and students. Our aim is to address the emerging challenges of future transportation such as electrification, zero-emission propulsion, autonomous vehicles and sustainable transport. Our courses have a particular focus on the increasing importance of smart cities, electrification and transportation systems, and the move to sustainable energy and net zero, with undergraduate, postgraduate and CPD courses in:
- Automotive and Motorsport engineering
- Aerospace engineering
- Electrical and Electronic engineering
- Aviation Management and Human Factors
We are currently expanding our expertise and exploring course development and have opportunities to join the team as Senior Teaching Fellow. Our dedicated Teaching Fellow team are subject specialists focused on delivering student education, which is active, social, applied, and inclusive within our vibrant and varied education environment.
As Senior Teaching Fellow in Battery/Energy Management Systems for Electric Vehicles (EVs) you will undertake teaching and course co-ordination while supporting the development and delivery of undergraduate, postgraduate, and professional programs and other core activities ensuring students have an effective learning experience. Senior Teaching Fellows lead on aspects of the student learning experience including the leadership of staff teams.
Based within the School of Future Transport Engineering you will work with and lead other academic colleagues to enrich the student learning and teaching experience to ensure, as appropriate, relevant aspects of research, enterprise and professional context are embedded in modules and courses.
The successful candidate will be expected to drive new and exciting projects from an academic perspective in line with Enterprise and Innovation goals. Working closely with strategically selected national initiatives designed to expand the universitas portfolio against the current and future needs of the electrification B2B markets. If you are passionate, self-sufficient, driven individual who takes ownership of their work and wants to showcase their capabilities for continued progression then we would love to hear from you.
This role combines academic confidence and a strong desire to deliver economic impact to the growing electrification space.
- Master’s degree in an appropriate subject OR (if from a professional practice background) a good Honours Degree and an appropriate professional qualification and/or membership
- A teaching qualification or extensive experience of delivering professional and/or university education
- PhD or active membership of an appropriate professional body would be advantageous
Our Successful Candidate
You will have demonstrable experience of successful teaching at higher education levels 4-7 in Battery/Energy Management Systems for Electric Vehicles (EVs) with the development and demonstration of best practice in teaching, learning and assessment consistent with our reputation and track record as a high-quality provider of teaching and learning.
The successful candidate will be to contribute to the delivery of topics relating to Battery management with knowledge of:
- Electric Vehicle Cell selection, cell connection, module design, pack construction etc.
- Thermal management of EV battery pack and overall vehicle thermal management.
- Charging technologies (charger types, internal architectures, charging limitations)
- Sensing and instrumentation for EV battery pack.
- Battery testing and fault diagnostics.
- Battery management system development containing SoC and SoH estimation methods, EV communication protocols such as CAN, LIN, Flex ray etc.
- new and emerging battery and cell technologies, such as 800 V battery systems, solid-state batteries
As a global education provider, high levels of cultural awareness with experience of learner’s cultural differences and expectations with the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds is essential.
Along with a competitive salary we offer an industry leading Rewards and Benefits package which includes:
- Excellent Employers Pension Contribution
- 30 days Annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- New Holiday Purchase Scheme up to 5 additional days
- Life Assurance 4x Salary
- BUPA Cash Plan
- 50% off Tuition Fee’s for staff dependants
- CU Reward Scheme – Discounts across a range of High Street/ Online Retailers
- New Electric Car Scheme
- Cycle To Work scheme
As a global Education Group, equality, diversity, and inclusion are embedded within the fabric of our organisation and are a key focus of our core values. We harness the power and potential of the diverse cultures, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences of our students, colleagues, and partners to create opportunities for all.