Siemens Rail Systems are recruiting for a Maintenance technician to be based at our Ardwick depot. The technician is responsible for undertaking maintenance of the depot rolling stock and plant and carry out associated activities that support the operation of the depot.What are my responsibilities?
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- With minimal supervision undertake maintenance and repair of the allocated rolling stock to meet the requirements of the production plan
- Undertake train driving and preparation duties as required
- Carry out download diagnosis and fault finding to an advanced level
- Produce complex, analytical technical reports on fault investigation
- Assist other team members with the development of technical skills by acting as a mentor
- Specialise in areas of technical expertise
- Assist with the provision of technical support at incidents off depot
- Drive the rolling stock within the depot site limits, where necessary
- If required, in the absence of a Deputy Supervisor or Supervisor, will allocate work and direct the team to meet the requirements of the shift (if appropriate training received - site specific)
- Undertake any other duties as and when require
- ONC in electrical engineering is preferred
- Fault finding & experience in reading electrical schematic drawings is essential
- Rail industry knowledge or experience is advantageous but not essential
- Understands and cares for tools, equipment and PPE as appropriate
- Basic knowledge of IT systems
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety regulations including bio-hazards, Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) and manual handling
- Good communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to complete all records of actions and operations accurately and to procedures
- Experience working shifts is preferred
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, company bonus, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
Create a better #TomorrowWithUs!
We value your unique identity and perspective and are fully committed to providing equitable opportunities and building a workplace that reflects the diversity of society. Come bring your authentic self and create a better tomorrow with us!
At Siemens, we promote a growth mindset, the self-belief that we can learn and grow, take on new challenges and adapt to change. If you don't match all the criteria for this role but feel you have transferable skills to enable you to succeed, we encourage you to apply.