Our solutions are a key part of most industries - electronics, medical research, renewable energy, food production, infrastructure and many more. Working with us means working with the latest technologies and groundbreaking, sustainable innovations.Join us on our journey for a better tomorrow.
Maintain and service our rental fleet assets to the set goals and standards, whilst providing a professional, competent, courteous, and prompt service to all Atlas Copco customers, over a varied product and service range, including but not limited to compressed air and power generation equipment.
You will be involved in substantial offshore and international assignments for extended durations of time, alternated with repair and field service activities in our depot and with customers. You will report to Service and Operations Teams Leader.Main Responsibilities:
What we expect of you:
- You will perform servicing and maintenance on varied compressed air equipment, power generation equipment, and associated products.
- You will accomplish work according to service schedules, conduct test procedures, and record information; highlight any service issues on site that may affect equipment performance safety, and reliability.
- You will diagnose mechanical and electrical faults on a varied range of compressed air equipment and associated products and conduct fault-finding assessments and elimination processes.
- You will maximise the commission of new equipment by understanding and interpreting drawings and diagrams.
- You will complete documentation in a professional manner.
- You will participate in call-out rota - answer telephone calls 24/7 when it is required and attend field call-outs as necessary.
- You will maintain test instruments, to ensure they remain in good condition. Check calibration before using, follow correct operating instructions, and indicate when repair or re-calibration is due.
- You will actively take part in on and offshore projects abroad involving different types of rental equipment and applications.
- Worked within a service environment and have a proven track record with regard to product knowledge and professional interpersonal skills.
- Relevant work experience, including City & Guilds / Scotvec or equivalent (industry relevant).
- BOSIET/RGIT offshore survival training or equivalent.
- Experienced in air compressors and power generation. Ideally with a strong understanding of Atlas Copco's main products (PTS, PNS, XRVS, gen-sets, etc) diesel-driven air compressors, and assotciated equipment.
- Competent with engineering diagrams and drawings and follow logically. Can use diagnosic skills to overcome problems.
- Willingness to develop competence with electrical wiring diagrams, tracing faults through a structured elimination process. Ability to conduct if required resistance and continuity testing, and to interpret the results leading to successful solution provision would be desirable.
- Sound knowledge of combustion engines, diagnostics, repairs, and rebuilds. Ability to identify malfunctioning components, strip down, and repair where viable.
- Knowledge of pneumatic/hydraulic systems plus experience in welding/fabrication techniques advantageous.
- Competent with servicing requirements such as oil and filter changes, and completion of servicing documentation.
- Understand and can analyse flow diagrams/charts.
- Demonstrate a good level of engineering/fitting skills.
- Basic knowledge of dc and electronic systems and their symbols and diagrams would be advantageous.
You are a customer-centric person who understands customers' needs and wants to fulfil or exceed expectations. You are a team player and natural diplomat who interacts and unites team members, customers, and all stakeholders. You are a methodic and structured achiever who can plan, organize, prioritise, assess, adapt, and deliver the promise. You are a resilient person who can cope with change in an ever faster moving digital landscape and who can spread this attitude of self-sufficiency.You are in possession of a Full Clean Driving Licence and live within the geographical area of our service centre (Dundee, Scotland).
What you can expect from us:
Diverse by nature and inclusive by choice
- Our learning culture supports you on your journey: benefit from our individual learning opportunities (LinkedIn Learning e.g.), or on-site training.
- An excellent benefits package – including a desirable pension scheme, and private medical.
- A satisfying career – We are passionate about the development and progression of our employees.
- We foster a culture of innovation, interaction, and feedback in our inclusive and diverse team, where we always learn from each other.
Bright ideas come from all of us. The more unique perspectives we embrace, the more innovative we are. Together we build a culture where difference is valued and we share a deep sense of purpose and belonging.