================================No recruiters please=================================
About H2GO Power:
H2GO Power is an inclusive, award-winning startup specialising in safe, efficient, and smart hydrogen-energy storage solutions for a net-zero emissions future. Our fast-growing team is dedicated to solving sophisticated technical problems with the goal of providing clean and reliable power from renewable sources to counter climate change through technology. The Development/Hydrogen Scientist will join H2GO Power’s Technology R&D team and will be involved in the day-to-day tasks in our research facilities in close collaboration across multidisciplinary teams. We are an inclusive and cross-functional team that collaborates dynamically. We strongly encourage applications from diverse backgrounds.
- Support and lead the testing, development and optimisation of H2GO Power hydrogen storage technology.
- Follow good lab practices in terms of diligent and accurate record keeping, a safety-first approach, and good organisational skills.
- Design, build and operation of test rigs to enable assessment of system and product performances.
- Data analysis, processing and reporting of experimental findings.
- Be hands-on and proactive in collaborating with other team members in a cross-functional environment, including scientists, mechanical, electrical and electronics engineers.
- Master in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Material science, Metallurgy or a related subject.
- Minimum 2 years experience in industry, preferably in the energy sector or product development.
- Knowledge of thermochemical systems and heat transfer principles.
- Proven independence in a working environment.
- Experience problem-solving and troubleshooting. Be able to identify issues, propose innovative solutions, and adapt experimental protocols to overcome challenges.
- Delivering projects and meeting deadlines on time and on budget.
- Be adaptable; we are a small team and work at a fast pace and things can change quickly. You need to be willing to adapt to new opportunities and challenges, to step outside of your comfort zone and engage in jobs that are outside of the job spec.
- Experience in working with compressed gases and compression fittings.
- Experience in performing multiphysics simulations (e.g. COMSOL).
- Experience in writing data analysis scripts using coding languages like Python.
- Experience in working with chemicals and materials in a controlled atmosphere (e.g. glove boxes, clean rooms).
• 25 days of annual leave (excluding bank holidays) After 2 years you will receive one extra holiday day per annum to the maximum of 8 extra Holiday days
• EMI scheme based on performance, agreed after 12 months of employment
• Company Pension Scheme (8% total) - 3% employer contribution and 5% employee contribution
• Summer and Winter Town Halls/Parties
• Monthly Company Lunch and Learn Sessions
• Vibrant and supportive Company Culture fostering growth
• Annual allowance of £200 for self-development
• Annual salary reviews
• Weekly Yoga and Fitness classes offered at Scale Space
• Weekly Socials, seasonal celebrations, and frequent community parties and educational events at the Scale Space facility