LV/HV Maintenance Technician
A prominent Utilities / Power Distribution contractor, renowned for its extensive involvement in commercial, industrial, and renewable sectors, seeks a proficient LV/HV Maintenance Technician to enrich its dynamic maintenance team. This pivotal position necessitates the adept maintenance of HV and LV assets within the framework of continuous maintenance contracts. Encompassing diverse sites covering Renewable Energy, Industrial, and Commercial private networks, you will play a vital role in HV/LV maintenance.
This exciting opportunity entails nationwide travel, providing the chance to explore diverse regions while making a meaningful impact. We are looking for a Technician to embrace the adventure of staying away from home as you contribute to our team's success on a national scale.
The responsibilities of the Maintenance Technician will include:
- Conduct thorough maintenance of LV/HV substation equipment.
- Troubleshoot and effectively resolve electrical faults.
- Install switchgear and transformers.
- Conduct testing of earthing and associated equipment.
- Carry out LV electrical testing in compliance with regulations.
- Adhere to company rules, health and safety guidelines, and environmental standards.
- Collaborate closely with the on-site team, following instructions from Project Engineers and work packs.
- Attend training courses and pursue continuous development opportunities.
- Continuously seek improvements and promote effective practices within the role.
- Present a positive company image to clients.
- Maintenance experience
- Competent in working with recognised Switchgear and Transformer manufacturers.
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- 18th edition
- Test and Inspect 2391
- HV experience (11kV-132kV)
- Ability to read electrical drawings and flow diagrams.
- Willingness to travel and stay away when required.
- Desirable tickets: SHEA Power, IPAF, ECS Card, PASMA
What's in it for you?
- Basic Salary ranges from £42,000 - £47,000 per annum.
- 40 hours per week - Monday to Friday
- Plenty of overtime available (x1.5 after contracted hours and Saturdays x2.0 on Sundays and Bank Holidays)
- Door-to-door pay after a certain period of travel time.
- Staying away allowance
- Company vehicle + fuel card
- Accommodation and expenses paid for
- 25+ days holiday
- Pension contribution
- Power /specialist tools provided - hand tools needed
If this is an opportunity that you are interested in or you would like to hear more information, please click apply or contact Harry Medway