Lead Software Engineer (Backend) – London
Six Figure Salary + Equity & Package
AI Connect are exclusively partnering with a VC backed renewable energy start up. Their ambition is to massively reduce UK carbon emissions through the creation of new home energy systems.
They are looking to appoint a Lead Software Engineer to design and develop their technology infrastructure. You will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining scalable and robust systems that service web, API and mobile front ends. If you are looking for a pathway to becoming a CTO, this role could be perfect.
Key Responsibilities and Technical Experience Required:
- Proficiency in Python and Django, with a deep understanding of best practices.
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) services, (App Engine, Cloud SQL, Cloud Storage, and Cloud Pub/Sub). Other major cloud platforms will also be considered.
- Extensive experience with DevOps principles and tools for infrastructure as code (IaC), CI/CD, and automated deployment.
- Knowledge of database design and optimization.
- Expertise in designing and architecting multi-platform systems for scalability and resilience.
- Experience with version control systems (e.g., Git).
- Experience working as a Tech Lead, able to coach and support others.
- Proven experience in designing and implementing APIs - including user authentication, payment processing, and data synchronization between parties.
- Experience working with augmented reality, artificial intelligence or machine learning highly desirable.
Please apply below and we’ll be delighted to share more information about the role.