Project Engineer - Lightweight Systems - Oxfordshire
Lightweight Systems Project Engineer required by a pioneering force in the clean energy industry, dedicated to the delivery of high-performance, cost-efficient, zero-emissions power systems, with a focus on sustainability.
Preparing and reviewing system requirements documents and translating them to preliminary designs/test parameters, you'll be responsible for developing and delivering lightweight mechanical structures for high-performance applications in sectors (primarily automotive and heavy industry).Responsibilities Will Incorporate
- Create parts/system-level specification documents and monitor system costs/timing.
- Development activities - materials selection/trade-off studies (cost/time/performance)
- Influence Structural System Architecture selection, adopting a holistic systems-engineering approach.
- Provide Target Decomposition identifying design verification methods and developing DFMEA/DVP.
- Input with simulation/physical testing (inc., input criteria/test procedures) ensuring realisation for validation of requirements and failure modes.
- Experience in the automotive, motorsport, off-highway, or aerospace industries.
- Evidence of CPD (e.g., chartership/networking events/attending conferences/engineering awards)
- Suitably qualified (e.g., degree) - Mechanical/Automotive/Electrical/Aerospace engineering.
- Strong knowledge of mechanical structures/composite materials/advanced materials/manufacturing methods.
- Working knowledge of Polarion/JIRA/3D CAD/PML software (ideally NX/Teamcenter)
- Mechanical system components knowledge on a battery or vehicle programmes.
In return for the above, company pension contributions, business/personal performance bonus, life assurance, and group income protection are all offered, with other salary sacrifice benefits also available.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist, working within the Automotive, Advanced Engineering, Nuclear Industry, Renewable Energy, and Construction sectors.