About The Role
Perth or Glasgow. Hybrid working with a split between home and office is available for this role to support your work/life balance.Salary:
Up to £68,000 (DOE) + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances, and wellbeing.Working Pattern:
Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
Due to continued growth of our business, we have exciting opportunities for System Planning and Investment Engineers to join our ever-growing team. Undertaking power system planning for the integration of low carbon generation and related technologies onto the transmission system in North Scotland with a real opportunity to develop your career in power system analysis of modern networks.Lack experience but are still interested?
If you have a background in power systems or at an early stage in in your career in electrical power systems and looking to move into system planning and investment, please do apply. We may be able to offer a role at an Assistant level with the opportunity to transition to an Engineer once the necessary experience has been gained.What is the Role?
The Key Duties & Responsibilities Will Include
What do I need?
- Undertake power system analysis including technical assessments of generator and demand customer connection applications.
- Preparation of technical reports, providing input into commercial reports and business cases.
- Assess the capability of the transmission network against a range of future scenarios and network contingencies.
- Support the development of network planning policies through working group participation and engagement with internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Engage with multi-disciplinary teams throughout the business to identify and assess whole system solutions to meet system needs.
- Support the development and detailed design of projects through the justification of investment cases and undertaking system studies to underpin these.
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
Lack experience but are still interested?
- Experience in power system analysis, design and planning, ideally within electricity transmission.
- Working knowledge of electrical theory and experience in using power system analysis tools such as PSSE, Power Factory or similar.
- Good knowledge of the electricity industry, including interfaces with generator and demand customers, the regulator, the Electricity System Operator, other Transmission Owners and Distribution Network Operators.
- Ability to write clear and well-structured technical reports and network requirements and provide focused information for senior management.
- A tertiary qualification in Engineering, Physics or other STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) courses.
If you have a background in power systems or at an early stage in in your career in electrical power systems and looking to move into system planning and investment, please do apply. We may be able to offer a role at an Assistant level with the opportunity to transition to an Engineer once the necessary experience has been gained.About Our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.What's in it for you?
Generous 34 days holiday entitlement
Holiday Plus (buy up to 10 days additional holidays)
Discounted Retail and Leisure vouchers
Employee Share Scheme
Enhanced Maternity/Paternity leave
Salary Sacrifice car leasing
"Be the difference day" (opportunity to take one day leave a year to volunteer for their chosen organisation/charity)
View our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.Next Steps
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Stephanie on email@example.com / 01738 342963.
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
INTERNAL: As a courtesy, please let your current line manager know you are applying.