AMETEK is a worldwide leader in the design and manufacturing of advanced analytical, test and measurement instrumentation for the energy, aerospace, power, research, medical and industrial markets.
As a leading global provider
of differentiated electronic instruments and electromechanical devices, AMETEK are proud to solve some of the world’s most complex challenges. Their strength comes from four key areas: Niche Market Focus, Growth Model, People and Culture, Performance.
- Annual sales of over $6 billion with approximately 50% of sales outside U.S.
- Distributed operating structure with :18,500 colleagues in over 30 countries
- Diverse set of niche markets and applications served
- Core Values include Ethics and Integrity, Respect for the Individual, Diversity and Inclusion, Teamwork and Social Responsibility
AMETEK is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: AME) and a component of the S&P 500
Website: www.ametek.com Business Unit
Established in 1886, Taylor Hobson is the world leader in surface and form metrology and developed the first Roundness and Surface Finish measuring instruments.
We provide contact and non-contact measurement solutions for the most demanding applications on a global basis, with a worldwide infrastructure to support our clients; we are a truly global ultra-precision metrology company.
We are pioneers, continually developing our products to meet the ever-increasing demands of next generation technologies, particularly in Optics, Bearings, Space, Defence, Aerospace, Automotive, Medical
and Renewable Energy
Taylor Hobson's world leading brands include: Talyrond®, Form Talysurf® PGI, Form Talysurf® i-Series, Surtronic®, LUPHOScan, Formalysurf® PGI Optics, Talyvel®, Autocollimators, Micro-Alignment Telescope and AMECare.
Taylor Hobson is part of the Ultra Precision Technologies Division of AMETEK, Inc.
which is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annual sales of approximately $5.5 billion.
Website: www.taylor-hobson.comKey Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be contributing towards the development of our mainstream instrumentation software. Areas of work may include:
Essential & Desirable Skills
- Improvements to the UI and its 3D graphics
- Automating software distribution through creating an App store style downloader via the TH website
- Industry 4.0 status and reporting.
- Creation and maintenance of automation algorithms for validating/stress testing moving hardware
- Support in development of robotics interfacing to desktop hardware
Essential skills are a competency in C#.
Desirable skills include knowledge of:
- OO design
- .Net core
- The development life cycle
- Web Services, IDEs (e.g. Visual Studio 2022)
- Source control (e.g. Perforce/GIT)
- Issue Tracking (JIRA/DevOps).
- 3D visualisation.
- MATLAB / other scripting languages
Enrolled in a BSc or MSc Computer Science degree (or equivalent) with an expected 2:1 classification as a minimum. Equivalent courses could be biased towards computer programming, robotics, gaming etc. Candidates enrolled on Scientific/Engineering degrees with strong computing backgrounds will be considered.What We Offer You
- Taylor Hobson offers a fun, relaxed, supportive working environment along with:
- 1 pm Friday finish
- Competitive salary and 28 days holiday including Easter & Christmas
- Perkbox – Corporate discounts, GP service & 24-hour Employee Assistance Program
- Active sports and social club including annual Christmas party and social events
- Continuous training provided using world class manufacturing tools and equipment
- Mentoring and guidance for accreditation
- Free onsite parking and easy access to the city centre
AMETEK is committed to making a safer, sustainable, and more productive world a reality. We use differentiated technology solutions to solve our customers’ most complex challenges. We employ 18,500 colleagues, in 30 countries, that are grounded by our core values: Ethics and Integrity, Respect for the Individual, Diversity and Inclusion, Teamwork, and Social Responsibility. AMETEK is a leading global provider of industrial technology solutions serving a diverse set of attractive niche markets with annual sales over $6.0 billion. Traded publicly (NYSE:AME), we are a component of the S&P 500. Visit www.ametek.com for more information.
AMETEK is committed to making a safer, sustainable, and more productive world a reality. We use differentiated technology solutions to solve our customers’ most complex challenges. We employ 18,500 colleagues, in 30 countries, that are grounded by our core values: Ethics and Integrity, Respect for the Individual, Diversity and Inclusion, Teamwork, and Social Responsibility. AMETEK (NYSE:AME) is a component of the S&P 500. Visit www.ametek.com for more information.