We are looking for Front-End Developers to join our growing Data Analytics & AI practice. This is a unique opportunity to join an exciting, growing team but with the backing of a much larger and more established business. You will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of exciting and innovative projects, all whilst playing an integral role in growing our data practice.
Our Data Analytics & AI team is passionate in helping our clients solve their complex problems with data, by implementing controls and governance of data, creating actionable insights, embedding machine learning solutions or building data platforms. We bring the right team and skills on the table and can offer deep expertise across Data Strategy, Data Science & Engineering, Data Visualisation, Data Management, Data Architecture and Software Development. What will you be doing?
You will be using your expertise to help our clients solve their most important data challenges. You will play a significant role in supporting the growth of our team, enabling them to build the skillsets required to solve our clients' challenges.Typical Engagements Include
- Capturing clients’ visions and playing back the art-of-the-possible, demonstrating the advantages of a modern user experience and the benefits of a simple single page web application.
- Designing wireframes using industry-standard techniques, embracing feedback, and presenting outcomes back to clients.
- Collaborating with back-end developers to define data models and ensuring seamless integration with backend APIs.
- Building production-ready, modern, multi-platform (desktop, tablet, mobile) web applications with responsive design and user experience at the heart.
- Integrating web applications into modern IT estates (cloud environments).
- Writing production grade code from scratch that is performant, optimised and fully tested, with a high degree of confidence in the work you are delivering.
- Understanding the common vulnerabilities (e.g. OWASP) that could be flagged during a penetration test, with the ability to suggest and implement mitigations.
“I have been working with a FTSE100 renewable energy provider to build the frontend for a new, enterprise-grade online shopping application for an internal business function. I have been given the autonomy to own, design and deliver a modern React web application interfacing with a series of backend APIs. The application has been built from scratch and forms part of a wider, cloud-hosted microservices build, built in-house by the Baringa team. It has been extremely rewarding to see this project through from design to delivery. Working in a team with 7 other Baringa colleagues has been great fun and afforded lots of learning opportunities!” – Jack I., Consultant So, what are we looking for?
Below we list some of the skills we are looking for. Of course, we do not expect expertise in all areas and we understand that experiences vary based on the background and years of experience:
UI/UX Design Tools
- React (preferred)
- Material UI
- Angular and associated component libraries, testing and state management frameworks.
Unit Testing Using Frameworks Such As Jest
- Adobe XD
T-est Driven Development (TDD)
- Event Driven Development (EDD)
- Behaviour Driven Development (BDD)
Designing responsive web applications for use on desktop, tablet and mobile devices.
Best practice, performant programming techniques such as asynchronous programming and efficient render lifecycles.
Rigorous logging and exception handling, being mindful of production support.Schema, Data Modelling, Authentication
Preferred Awareness Of
- JSON Payloads
- Best-practice API integration and security
- Integrating cloud authentication protocols into frontend codebases (e.g. Azure Active Directory using Microsoft Authentication Library)
- Cloud computing such as Amazon Web Services and Azure.
- Event driven architecture.
- Micro-service backend deployments.
Be passionate about exploring new frameworks, sharing knowledge within the team, and supporting the development of others interested in learning front-end development.So, what's in it for you?
Well, it’s up to you. Baringa is what you make it.
Diversity & Inclusion
- Promotion is solely based on your own performance, and we give you every opportunity to progress by having four promotional reviews a year
- We’re proud to put people first with wellbeing at the forefront of our culture, one example of this is that every employee receives £300 a year to put towards their wellbeing! In 2022 this was recognised in our #1 ranking in the UK’s Great Place To Work 'Best Workplaces for Wellbeing'.
- All employees participate in the Baringa Group Profit Share Scheme, which seeks to ensure that everyone has a stake in the success of the company.
- We recognise everyone needs a well-deserved break - As such we have introduced the ‘Re-charge’ benefit meaning Baringa will offer all employees an additional 2 weeks of paid leave after 5 years continuous service.
- Lastly, we recognise the importance of work-life balance and we know that the ‘ideal’ balance will vary from person to person and will change at different stages of our working lives. If you require flexible working, please talk to one of our Recruiters about the flexibility you may need.
All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, age, faith or social background. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We would like to actively encourage applications from those who identify with less represented and minority groups. We do not filter applications by university background and encourage those who have taken alternative educational and career paths to apply.