Your New Company
Your new company had a turnover of £105bn last year and is one of the largest energy consultation providers across the globe. They maintain an excellent reputation for being a trusted employer and client to work with, ensuring a secure pipeline of work, while winning new business each month. With over 70,000 members of staff across the globe, you will be entering a community of well-trained, well-respected and competent sustainability professionals.Your new role
What You'll Need To Succeed
- Client management and project delivery for our key work streams: Building physics, Building performance and operational energy optimisation, Net Zero Carbon, Sustainability and Certification and Compliance. Residential & Commercial.
- Relevant practical experience in HVAC modelling (IES or equivalent), in-use energy modelling (operational energy – CIBSE TM54), dynamic modelling for thermal comfort and overheating risk (CIBSE TM52/TM59)
- Practical knowledge of passive design, façade performance, shading, daylighting, and renewable energy technologies.
- Working knowledge of Environmental Assessment Methodology such as BREEAM /SAP.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Commercial Heating Design Experience.
- Ideally Accredited Low Carbon Energy Assessor and/or On Construction Domestic Energy assessor.
- Knowledge of whole life carbon analysis.
- The ideal candidate should have experience working within the whole construction process from concept to handover and demonstrate genuine interest in sustainability and low and zero carbon building design.
What You'll Get In Return
- Educated to a Degree level in Engineering or the built environment. Good understanding of mechanical building services with a background in building physics and passive design.
- Demonstrable knowledge of sustainability and building physics issues affecting the built environment. In particular: passive design, thermal comfort, operational energy, and compliance modelling are required.
- SAP practitioner
- Competent in the production of Energy Strategies for planning applications and UK Building Regulations Part L compliance assessments using NHER (SAP) and IES (SBEM/DSM).
- Working towards CIBSE chartered status
In return, you will receive a highly competitive salary, and the opportunity to work with a global sustainability leader. This role could be located in the North of England or NI with 3 days in the office per week.What You Need To Do Now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.
#4485163 - Daniel Ferguson