EQUANS are recruiting for a Carbon Solutions Engineer to be based in Gateshead. This is a permanent full-time role working 40 hours per week. On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package.
To have experience of designing projects from concept ‘as design’ and unbuilt developments to retrofitting installations on both domestic and commercial ASHP and GSHP installations.Key Accountabilities
What can we offer you?
- Experienced and comfortable with both the electric and heating/mechanical aspects of the installations.
- Develop and take responsibility for the delivery of detailed technical solutions, with a right first approach.
- You will be responsible for the whole design lifecycle of each of your projects from full design/utilising consultants through to specification and sign off of each installation.
- You will be required to carry out site visits and surveys for prospective installations of domestic and commercial installations.
- You will be familiar with a range of technology manufacturers.
- Work will be designing and signing off sustainable measures and installations and as such you will be familiar with full heat loss calculations
- You will be responsible to produce tender, pricing and design packages. Identify key design and project dependencies. Yow will recommend and drive optimal solutions and strategies to ensure designs are delivered to scope, time, cost and quality criteria.
- Support the operation teams and provide technical evaluations of sub-contractor and supplier offerings.
- You will have experience and working knowledge of dealing with District Network Operators.
- You will be comfortable working alone as well as a team and will be reporting directly to the Senior Carbon Solutions Engineer.
- Represent the company at progress and client meetings, providing technical guidance and input and present at a level that the entire audience will understand.
- Assist the operational and project teams to effectively commission and optimise the operational efficiency of new and existing heating schemes.
- Communicate and present to client’s design proposals and ensure client requirements are achieved.
- The ability to accept delegated tasks and responsibilities to assist the operation and management of the department.
- The responsibility for attending major project kick-off meetings, leading the projects forward and briefing supporting engineers.
- To lead, monitor, set tasks and objectives to design colleagues to ensure a robust, accurate and viable design proposals are delivered in a timely and efficient manner.
On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes;
Who are we looking for?
- Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave (+ public holidays)
- Life Cover equivalent to 2 times annual salary
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program and access to mental wellbeing app
- Employee discount shopping schemes on major brands and retailers
- Gym membership discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Broad range of learning opportunities, such as professional qualifications, collective/individual training, and personalized support programmes
- Electrical or mechanical engineering degree or significant heating design and installation experience
- 2+ years in the design installation and specification of domestic and commercial ASHP and domestic retrofit.
- Strong knowledge of the low carbon economy and experience in one or more of the following areas of activity: energy audits, building energy performance, renewable generation, and alternative fuels.
- Engineering degree in mechanical, building services or renewable energy disciplines.
- You will be expected to be able to review and generate technical and contractual information from both internal and external sources.
- A Background working with a consulting entity but may have been in an advisory capacity with asset owners, utilities or government. You will also have strong technical knowledge, team leadership, communication and project management skills and the desire to grow your career at EQUANS.
Who are we?
- Be prepared to work within a large geographical area
- Flexible & adaptable
- Good verbal and written communicator
- Ability to work both alone and as part of a team
EQUANS is a world leader in energy services with nearly 100,000 employees working in more than 50 countries, with an annual turnover of over 17 billion euros.
In the UK & Ireland, EQUANS is a provider of technical, FM, regeneration and energy services – with specialist capabilities in smart buildings, green mobility, district & embedded energy and decentralised renewables.
EQUANS’ 13,500 UK & Ireland employees combine these activities to help businesses, public sector organisations and government to embrace the energy transition towards net zero, and also the digital & industrial transitions that are redesigning the way we move, work and live.
EQUANS is a Bouygues group company.What’s next?
If this role is of interest to you, please click below to register, apply, and track your progress! A member of our Resourcing Team will review your application and be in touch.At Equans we’re committed to delivering a culture where everyone’s voice is heard and supported. We know the value a diverse workforce creates, delivering better results for our people, customers, and stakeholders. Diversity and inclusion is at the core of what we do, should you join Equans you’ll find a welcoming and open workplace where you’re supported and encouraged to be your true self at work. You’ll also have access to our growing employee networks including WiE (Women in Equans), RISE (BAME), LGBTQI+, Working Parents, YPN (Young Professionals Network) and our Disability Network.
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. Unfortunately, we are not able to offer a re-location package with this job role. Certain roles may require applicants to undergo a Disclosure check, as noted in the role requirements.
The EQUANS Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to EQUANS Managers.