SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £18 billion in low carbon projects to 2027, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.About The Role
Reading or Havant.Salary:
£55,573 - £63,643 and a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.Working Pattern:
Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options availableWhat is the Role?
As Senior Developer, you'll analyse system requirements and design, test, code and modify very complex programmes and scripts to agreed company standards as well as undertaking technical leadership (high level business analysis and application design) and co-ordination of technical development within product lifecycle, and/or system maintenance tasks. You'll collaborate with product leadership roles to deliver business outcomes in Agile, DevOps environment as part of a team.Key Responsibilities For This Role Include
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Deliver product backlog items across the end-to-end products as part of an agile in a DevOps environment.
- Setting priorities and managing systems maintenance activities, by leading the process of detailed technical planning.
- Ensuring user requirements are comprehensive, analysed and enabling the desired outcome.
- Undertaking complex systems designs and leading the development process within the multi-disciplinary teams to undertake detailed analysis and coding activities.
- Diagnosing and resolving problems with applications systems (both internal and third party) in the production environment.
- Coding programmes according to industry standards and developing test plans and test data and conducting tests.
About Our Business
- Solid experience in Programming experience in C#, .Net/Net Core.
- Extensive experience of designing and implementing Azure infrastructure, with a Microsoft Azure certification ideally.
- Experience in using React, Node.js, UI and UX Design.
- Experience in configuring and using Monitoring tools to support the releases (any tools but preference for Azure monitor, App Insights, Log Analytics).
- Extensive experience in Build & Release Management, Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD), ideally using Azure DevOps (pipelines, repos, releases) to release software to production.
- Experience in deployments using containers (Docker / Kubernetes) and in Infrastructure as Code deployments using Terraform and ARM templates.
- Experience in using Power Platform, UiPath and RPA development would be beneficial.
SSE Business Energy's core business is supplying energy in a reliable and sustainable way to over 500,000 business customers in the UK ranging from start-ups to large national corporates. Through leveraging the strengths of the SSE Group SSE Business Energy is able to support our customers to adopt a sustainable business approach through the provision of renewable energy, energy optimisation services and advice on how to use sustainability to drive business advantage. We work in partnership with all our customers to ensure that they are maximising the value from their energy contract and are using energy as a value generating asset that can influence better planning, greater cost control, improved working and product environments, reduced carbon footprint, stronger brand equity and more engaged staff.What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.Next Steps
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact David on David.Brickell@sse.com / 01738 275 846.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.