Order Ref: 39229
Position Title: Maintenance Operations Skilled Technician
Duration: 5 Month Rolling Contract
Division: Engineering Operations
- Our Client currently have multiple shift-based roles available supporting the operation of test facilities across the Engineering Laboratories department.
- This is a department where continuous improvement is part of every-day life; your ideas can come to life in supporting new customer tests, with involvement in every step of the testing and development process, directly influencing the delivery of the world's most desirable vehicles.
- You would be involved in running state-of-the-art mechanical and electrical test rigs with roles supporting single component testing, all the way to whole vehicle durability.
- It's an exciting opportunity to be part of the team who run the facility, working in collaboration with the Clients' Technology Development team to support the installation and commissioning of new test rigs.
- In this role, you will support the lead engineer to ensure that physical testing is completed on time, to quality, with the necessary escalation and reporting responsibilities.
- Experience with testing components, mechanical systems & batteries, utilising hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical, or vibration test systems would be beneficial, as would experience of data analysis and interpretation, but a desire to learn is essential.
- Evidence based understanding of Design Verification and Testing Process
- An understanding of physical test laboratory operation, laboratory equipment maintenance and calibration related activity.
- A knowledge of employing data acquisition and analysis techniques.
- Background in structural/electrical engineering, mechatronics or a related electrical profession.
- An independent individual with the ability to self-organise and prioritise workload.
- A good communicator who can effectively communicate complex ideas.
- A team player who supports other team members.
- Highly motivated to work on new initiatives and to support with the creation/development of new standards and processes.
- An individual with a customer first mind-set who is easy to do business with and makes people feel special.
- They are driven to deliver experiences that are personalised, transparent and dependable.
- Experience supporting or operating test facilities, utilising test and evaluation techniques.
- Experience of product development processes and milestone driven delivery.
- Knowledge of lean/quality strategies.
- Double Day shift pattern - with potential for night shift when workload demand dictates and skillset enables.