Our client based is Kent is a leading and global supplier of ingredients for the food, beverage and nutrition industries. An experienced Maintenance Technician is required to work Night Shift - 6pm-6am (4 on/ 4 off). The successful candidate will have previous experience in multi-skilled maintenance and who can work independently and happy to work nights. The main duties and responsibilities:
- Perform Routine checks on planned maintenance items.
- Prioritize and Make repairs to any site breakdowns.
- Support with the delivery of the PPM system and general maintenance tasks.
- Support production wherever and whenever required.
- Weekly site inspection reporting.
- Keep records up to date.
- Handle and report back to Operations manager on reactive T-card jobs.
- Deputize for Maintenance Supervisor for absence cover report to Operations manager in this event.
- Chaperone contractors and visitors when on site as required.
- Active involvement in continuous improvements as needed and guided by Operations manager.
- Attend morning meetings for added site engineering coverage report back to Operations manager with actions/comments.
- Carry out installations on facility to all current legislation and regulations.
- Make amendments to production equipment as directed.
- Ensure good housekeeping at all times whether that be area of work or workshop.
- Keep an eye on stock levels of spares holdings, make Operations manager aware of any spares required.
- Keep workshop and engineering stores clean and tidy ensure bins are empty and metal filings are kept to a minimum.
- Make sure food hygiene and food safety standards are upheld at all times.
- Ensure smooth hand overs across shifts and communicate effectively with other maintenance technician.
If will be an advantage to have some knowledge of Electrical and Mechanical installation and a good understanding of Health & Safety practices. Excellent benefits