About the Company – Line Manager DO NOT AMEND _ AGREED COMMS WORDING
Essar Oil UK is a leading UK-focused downstream energy company whose main asset is the Stanlow Manufacturing Complex, one of the most advanced refineries in Europe and situated close to the major cities of Liverpool and Manchester. Stanlow is a key strategic national asset, annually producing over 16% of the UK’s road transport fuels, while playing an important part in Britain’s petrochemical industry by providing key feedstocks.
The business is a major supplier in the North West and beyond with customers including most of the major retail brands operated by international oil companies and supermarkets, Manchester Airport, leading commercial airlines and the region’s trains and buses.
The business covers crude and product trading, refinery operations, HSE implementation, maintenance support and technological services, together with marketing and retail activities. Our commitment to maintaining safe and healthy working conditions and following the best operating practices to protect the environment underpins everything we do.
We employ over 900 highly trained and loyal staff, who are at the heart of everything we do. The company has an embedded safety culture, technically challenging work across the different parts of the business and some of the best training available in the energy industry.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and experienced individual to join our Maintenance Department as a Power and Control Maintenance Technician.
The role is responsible for carrying out all aspects of preventative and corrective maintenance on our measurement and control systems, our instrument related safeguarding systems and our DCS and PLC systems along with their associated ancillary equipment.Key Challenges
Our Ideal Candidate Should Have The Following
- The role is site based as part of a wider Production Unit focused Maintenance Team.
- The equipment we use is diverse and encompasses both pneumatic and electronic instrumentation covering all aspects of level, flow, pressure, and temperature measurement using a wide variety of techniques.
- The safe delivery of on-going scheduled maintenance activities including calibration, commissioning, fault diagnosis, repair, and data recording.
- *About You
Job Knowledge, Skills, And Experience:
- Must have completed a recognised engineering apprenticeship (City & Guilds, NVQ, ONC or equivalent)
- Should hold COMPEX certifications in elements 1-4
- Significant experience of working within the Petro-chemical sector.
- Should have a broad understanding of Instrumentation principles and significant experience in relation to equipment maintenance, overhaul, and repair techniques for instrument related equipment.
Skills and Attributes-
- Excellent communication skills.
- Be fully conversant with RCA and defect elimination techniques and processes.
- sound understanding of Safety legislation and quality procedures.
- Excellent IT skills
- Should be a self-motivated individual
This vacancy will close on 4th December 2023. Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits