Role: Additive Manufacturing Engineer (Polymer)
Location: Crewe Campus, UK.
Join Bentley Motors as we embark on the most transformative phase in Bentley’s history
Bentley Motors is transforming, combining a world of luxury and progressive technology to embrace an electrified future - becoming completely carbon neutral and having 100% Battery Electric Vehicle offering by 2030.
Our Campus, located in Crewe, Cheshire is going through its own transformation and offers unrivalled facilities including green space, free parking, an onsite restaurant, coffee shop and onsite gym.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Additive Manufacturing (AM) Engineer - Polymer you will collaborate with the Functional Manager for R&D Technical Development. The Additive Manufacturing (AM) Engineer is based in the Technical development team, within Whole Vehicle Engineering. The Engineer’s primary focus will be leading the roll-out of photopolymer based Additive Manufacturing throughout R&D.
The Technical Development team is based within the R&D Workshop. It is split into 2 areas of responsibility:
- Additive Manufacturing – Develop & maintain a world class AM facility, accessible to all colleagues.
- Prototype Technical Development – Generates & executes the technical method to build or update R&D vehicles.
- Responsible for handling of internal customer AM requests, including 3D data analysis, manipulation and preparation for manufacturing.
- Working with internal customers to identify, develop, trial and deploy specific AM applications across the full vehicle lifecycle including tooling, jigs and fixtures, development and prototype and series applications.
- Contribute towards continued high performance of the internal AM departmental KPI’s.
- Technology knowledge holder for photopolymer AM processes.
- Complete material testing, quality assurances & investment proposals to progress application of AM for end-use parts.
- Work with a range of suppliers to maintain ongoing relationships and build new ones through innovation and development.
- Representing Bentley at VW Group & Industry AM Events, identifying potential new technologies, materials & applications.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate will be an Additive Manufacturing Engineer with extensive experience of working with CAD and multiple AM technologies. You will have good communication skills that you can use to convey complex information cross functionally.
You will demonstrate:
- Experience of working with Photopolymer AM hardware and software (DLP, SLA, PolyJet)
- Experience with FDM technologies is advantageous.
- Experience in Design, Solid modelling CAD and STL Manipulation CAD (Catia, GrabCAD, Magics preferred)
- Experience of automotive engineering systems and processes is preferred
- A qualification in Design or Engineering or equivalent experience
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to a competitive salary, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Access to a subsidised private medical scheme
- Optional car lease scheme with access to VW group cars (VW, Seat, Skoda, Audi)
- 35 days’ holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- 10% pension contribution with life assurance benefits
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Study support opportunities
- Paid volunteering days
Closing date is 21 November 2023.
We believe that everyone, regardless of their background or beliefs, belongs at Bentley. Everyone is entitled to respect and dignity and we positively celebrate the differences between people. This is a philosophy that is embraced by our leaders, championed by our colleague diversity groups and sits at the heart of our Beyond100 Strategy.