Lead BI Data Engineer
SECTOR: London Market Insurance
**MUST HAVE COMMERCIAL OR LONDON MARKET INSURANCE EXPERIENCE**
THE ROLE OVERVIEW
Our technology-led managing agent client is looking for a hands-on BI Engineer to join their team.
With the view to grow the internal team, the successful individual will have a strong background in Data Analysis, Business Intelligence, and Development.
The person in this role will work closely with cross-functional teams and third-party SaaS application providers to effectively coordinate the complex interdependencies.
WHAT WILL YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Build the data and reporting capability for a Managing Agent in a green field environment
- Be the data steward of the organisation upholding quality and availability standards for our downstream consumers
- Be responsible for executing project deliverables from inception to delivery
- Provide mentorship to team members including pair programming and skills development
- Participate in data design and architecture discussions, considering solutions in the context of the wider supplier ecosystem
- Participate in the design and development of projects, either independently or within a team
YOUR EXPERIENCE & SKILL SET:
- Commercial Insurance and Lloyd’s of London knowledge
- Essential experience: "DB" data types (they should have this on their skills section. "NoSQL" and "SQL" (should be under skills), MZ Azure Infrastructure, MZ Azure Data factory, Power BI.
- Thought leadership and ability to communicate complex solutions to business colleagues and lead a team