D&IT SENIOR PYTHON DEVELOPER (IRC223947) Open date-closing date: 15/09/2023-14/12/2023Other European countries-United Kingdom-LONDRA-GB-LONDON ENI HOUSEProfessional Family: ICTHome National | Expert | Residential
IRC223947 – D&IT SENIOR PYTHON DEVELOPER
At Eni, we are looking for a D&IT Senior Python Developer within ETB in London. You will be responsible for working closely across the ICT and business areas to help define and deliver technical solutions for the trading organisation, specialising in crude oil, refined products, biofuels, and shipping. The role will encompass activities across all areas of the business, but initially the focus will be within the Front and Middle Office teams where there is already a significant book of work.About ETB
Eni is one of the leading integrated energy companies with activities in exploration, production, transport, and marketing of oil and natural gas. Eni has a market capitalisation of €66 billion and has a near €100bn turnover. It is not only a leading international upstream Company but also Europe’s largest natural gas Company.
In keeping with Eni’s overall strategy in respect of the global energy transition, starting from January 1, 2021, Eni Trade & Biofuels SpA ("ETB"), fully owned by Eni SpA, will be the sole entity responsible for the international trading of crude oil, petroleum products, bio-fuels and related financial derivatives for the Eni group.
In particular, ETB will be responsible for marketing Eni’s oil equity productions, sourcing hydrocarbon and bio feedstock and marketing the resulting productions of its traditional and green refineries and of its petrochemical arm Versalis.
ETB’s activities further include the sourcing and management of maritime transportation and logistic services, and the provision of oil risk management services, for itself and on behalf of the whole Eni group, by trading commodity derivatives on the main regulated and over the counter markets.
ETB’s integration with the wider Eni businesses ensures a global and integrated approach that is further reinforced by Eni's relationships and broad portfolio of global assets.
ETB is present in the UK, in Italy, in Singapore and through a subsidiary, in Houston - USA.
As a member of the ICT Team at ETB you will be responsible for:
- Interfacing both with ICT Business Analysts and directly with the Business, as well as the centralized IT functions within the wider ENI organization. The role will require defining and maintaining technical standards, designing, and developing solutions and helping support these once live.
- Bringing best-practise into the organisation to define the technology landscape, architecture, process, and governance for Python-related technologies.
- Defining a technology strategy and roadmap for Python technologies, as well as monitoring and maintaining delivery and coding standards.
- Interfacing closely with the existing Business Analysis teams to define technical solutions and produce an appropriate level of technical documentation.
- Developing and delivering solutions, including supporting in all aspects of testing and supporting in user acceptance testing when required.
- Supporting solutions once live in a Production environment for high priority and critical defects and issues.
- Helping establish a strong and robust testing framework and release pipeline to ensure that change can be implemented in the organisation quickly and safely.
- Supporting the business teams where required in delivering their solutions. It is not expected that you will own or support their code but provide your experience and guidance to help them to delivery their solutions.
- Establishing, managing, and growing a team of in-house developers.
- Managing relationships with third-party service providers to monitor and improve where required the quality of support provided to end-users of trading applications.
- Feedback to Business Analysis teams on where IT processes and technology can be improved, or where Business processes would benefit from refinement to support the technology roadmap and strategy.
- Challenge existing processes and technology with a view to improve both functionality and efficiency.
- Designing and developing high-quality, long-term solutions for the organisation. This is expected to include the design and documentation, as well as development and testing of new applications, as well as the support and maintenance of existing applications.
- Designing, delivering, and maintaining the technical landscape and architecture for Python technologies within the organisation. For example, defining an environments strategy and release pipeline, creating, and enforcing development standards, developing and refining the release process and tooling.
- Building relationships with Business technical teams to support and encourage them to deliver and develop within a defined framework and quality.
- Oversight on delivery quality from both in-house developers, as well as any third-party, external developers.
- Oversight and control over solution design and implementation.
- Ensuring the best and most appropriate technologies are used within the organisation and maintain a close connection to new technologies and ways of working.
- Recruit and expand the team as required, conducting interviews and technical assessments as part of the recruitment process.
- Line manage and develop the in-house development team as it grows.
This is the opportunity for you if you have these skills and requirements:
- University degree in STEM subject or similar, or equivalent work experience.
- experience working as a developer and working with Python.
- Prior experience with full-stack development and cradle-to-grave project delivery.
- Core skills and experience include big data processing (Pandas, Numpy), using Python and REST APIs to retrieve, parse, update, and manipulate data and, more generally,a strong knowledge of ETL processes, integrating Python with SQL (MySQL, SQLite) and Oracle technologies (cx_Oracle), as well as using python to interact with MS Office applications.
- Desirable skills include use of ML libraries (Scikit-learn,Keras, Tensorflow), web development frameworks such as Flask and Django, using Python to perform text manipulation (NLTK) and knowledge of data visualization libraries such as Matplotlib and Seaborne.
- Experience with other programming languages such as Java and JS are desirable.
- Knowledge of the Commodity and/or Energy markets, particularly Oil, Refined Products and Biofuels, is desirable.
- Knowledge of the trade lifecycle, including trade capture, validation and valuation is a requirement; detailed knowledge of Market Risk concepts is desirable.
- Technical process and governance design and implementation experience.
- Strong familiarity with the software development lifecycle and documentation skills.
- Prior experience with managing and mentoring teams and developing junior personnel.
- Fluent in written and spoken English; knowledge of Italian is an asset.
At Eni we believe in enterprising people, capable of making a difference and making their contribution with passion and innovation, to respond to the global challenges of the energy transition. For us, the skills and attitudes of each individual, continuous training, and diversity and inclusion are fundamental. We promote flexible ways of working with particular attention to well-being, welfare and work life-balance.
Eni will evaluate applications considering plurality and diversity as sources of enrichment. If your application is assessed to be among those most in line with the required profile, you will be contacted to continue the selection process.
Whatever your ambition, at Eni you can find the tools to make it happen.
Energy for action takers