What You Need To Know About The Role
This position works within the Technical Customer Support team, with this department collectively responsible for managing all technical aspects of a company’s relationship with its customers. Providing top-quality technical service before and after a sale, this team helps to ensure customer needs and expectations are met providing customer satisfaction and strengthening customer relationships.
The Technologist in this area supports the Technical Account Managers in dealing directly with our customers, by providing expertise, data analysis and back-office support.
Analysing customer technical requirements against business capability, risk and statutory/standard requirements ensuring customer requirements are deployed and communicated. Examples of such requirements are as follows:
A Full Job Description Is Attached.
- Manufacturing process
- Customer identified special characteristics
- Customer specific requirements
What we need to know about you
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent in a Science or Material-based subject
- The ability to analyse and present data to inform decision making
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to form rapport at all levels in the business
- Knowledge of metallurgical testing methods and standards
- Knowledge of Wire Rod production processes and general steelmaking practices
- Good data analysis and analytical skills
- Awareness/experience of working with IATF 16949 Quality Management System requirements or Core Tools is desirable
What we can offer you
We know our employees are our greatest asset and alongside the great benefits packages we offer, we continue to invest in their careers by providing a huge range of training and development opportunities.
Whatever your stage in life, you'll find a range of benefits to complement your work-life balance. The benefits you'll enjoy include:
What You Need To Know About Us
- Defined contribution company pension scheme
- 35 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Life Assurance
- A comprehensive Company sick pay scheme
- Health Cash Plan via our partnership with Simplyhealth
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Standby and call-out payments
- Family friendly benefits including maternity, paternity and adoption leave
Here at British Steel we’re undertaking the biggest transformation in our history - and you could play a vital role. Our new owners have invested £330 million in just 3 years to improve our operations. And further major investments are planned as we focus on building a clean, green and sustainable future for British Steel. People are at the heart of our exciting plans and we’re looking for more talented colleagues to drive our journey to net zero. Are you up for the challenge? Apply now