Wood Mackenzie are the global research, analytics, and consultancy business powering the natural resources industry. For 50 years, we have been providing the quality data, analytics, and insights our customers rely on to inspire their decision making.
Our dedicated oil, gas & LNG, power & renewables, chemicals, metals & mining sector teams are located around the world and deliver a variety of projects based on our assessment and valuation of thousands of individual assets, companies, and economic indicators such as market supply, demand, and price trends.
We have over 1,900 employees in 30 locations, serving customers in nearly 80 countries. Together, we inspire and innovate the markets we serve – providing invaluable intelligence to help our customers overcome the toughest challenges, and make strategic decisions that will, ultimately, accelerate the world’s transition to a more sustainable future.WoodMac.com
Wood Mackenzie brand video
We are looking for a Junior Consultant
with experience in the Gas & LNG sector to join our Consulting
Division in our London or Edinburgh office working across the Europe, Middle East and Africa region. You will be providing bespoke consulting services and solutions to help our clients address their most critical business challenges and make better commercial decisions. Our Consulting division includes more than 100 specialists working across the globe within the upstream, gas, power & renewables, downstream, petrochemical, metals and mining sectors. Our consultants offer a powerful combination of industry expertise and commercial consulting skills, partnering with clients to provide actionable recommendations that deliver results.
At Wood Mackenzie we are helping clients to Transform the Way we Power the Planet and our consultants are working with a range of clients including national and major oil companies, operators, investment banks, institutional investors, traders, governments and others to help them make the right commercial decisions in an uncertain market place.
Our junior consultants are part of a regional team, assigned to different projects. You will be predominantly focused on gas & LNG projects but will have opportunities to work across other sectors alongside colleagues from the global team and the different specialist practice groups including: upstream, power & renewables, downstream, petrochemicals, hydrogen, emissions and carbon management.
You will input into a range of consulting projects, through the operation of sophisticated internal models and tools, developing new analysis and creating presentations and reports. You will extract and analyse data from internal and external sources such as databases, websites, industry interviews and Wood Mackenzie products. You will support senior members of the team to keep clients updated and present findings clearly and concisely. You will also share your knowledge and skills with the wider consulting pool.
- Working alongside a Project Manager and supporting consulting / research team to deliver a diverse range of consulting projects
- Identify and apply the appropriate analytical techniques to address the client’s requirements
- Conduct desktop research from the public domain, industry network and internal databases to identify, obtain and organise sources of information
- Manage and manipulate data, including development of simple spreadsheet models (e.g. Discounted Cash Flow Analysis)
- Use internal research products and models to analyse problems and produce insightful project outcomes
- Collaborate closely with project team members, consultants from other projects / regions / sectors and the research organisation
- Ensure high quality work standards are met through attention to detail and application of appropriate audit processes
- Prepare concise and well-structured reports for clients in MS Word and PowerPoint
- Travel to meet with clients to conduct workshops and deliver presentations
- Present analysis, conclusions and recommendations to clients in a confident, engaging and professional manner
- Focus on delivery – track project progress, manage own time, direct others where appropriate, and report progress to Project Manager
- The successful candidate will be expected to work mainly from one of our offices. However, we are a hybrid working company and the successful applicant may work up to 2 days each week from home, however, this may be subject to change in the future
- The successful applicant will be expected to travel internationally for short business trips from time-to-time as required by projects
- Due to the global nature of the team and clients, a degree of flexible working will be required to accommodate different time zones
Our ideal candidate will have over a year’s experience in the energy sector, and a deep interest or previous Gas & LNG industry understanding. You thrive in a collaborative, commercial and client-centric environment.
If you are looking for a role where you can apply your knowledge and experience to a broad range of consulting projects and client situations, apply now!
- Previous experience (1+ years) at an energy consulting firm, oil and gas company, gas/LNG trading company, upstream/midstream development company, infrastructure fund, private equity, or other such analytical or consulting role, ideally with experience in gas/LNG market fundamentals, corporate strategy and financial modelling. Gas & LNG experience will be considered an advantage.
- A curious and commercial mindset – you are keen to learn and understand things from a client’s point of view.
- Good analytical skills – you are comfortable with data and modelling and pride yourself on attention to detail
- Well-developed communication skills – you can deliver messages and explain complex or technical information in a coherent, authoritative and engaging manner
- Strong interpersonal skills - able to work well in a team and have a motivational and entrepreneurial approach.
WoodMackenzie is an equal opportunities employer.
We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to WoodMackenzie, including unsolicited resumes sent to a WoodMackenzie business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to WoodMackenzie employees, will be considered WoodMackenzie property. WoodMackenzie will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of unsolicited resume.