This role will offer you the opportunity to develop this new post within the Fuel & Gas Safety Regulator, leading on alternative fuels, notably hydrogen, and the assurance of ancillary fuel tanks. The role will include:-
- Tracking the development and use of alternative fuels across the MOD estate.
- Monitoring Fuel & Gas Safety Legislation and industry best practice and inform Defence Policy and Regulations.
- Providing assurance over the ancillary tanks across the MOD estate by conducting targeted inspections of facilities, auditing existing maintenance and inspection regimes, and overseeing the management of these assets.
- Supporting the routine inspection/licencing of bulk fuel and gas assets across the MOD estate.
- Engaging with the Military Commands and Enabling Organisations to support the understanding and use of alternative fuels.
- Tracking industry/military best practice through engagement with industry, partner nations and regulatory bodies.
- Provide advice and guidance on the use, management and safe handling of alternative fuels, notably relating to Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulations.
- Contribute to role-specific working groups and stakeholder committee meetings.
Many of the locations where inspections are conducted are remote and public transport is not available, therefore a full driving licence is essential.
This job role is suitable for hybrid working, which is an informal, non-contractual and voluntary arrangement, blending a balance of attendance in the workplace (your permanent duty station) and working from home as a personal choice, with management approval and to meet business needs. If you are successful, your permanent duty station and any opportunities for hybrid working will be discussed with you prior to you taking up your post.