Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs, planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.
We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE: PROPOSALS MANAGER
Essential Qualifications And Skills
- Take personal responsibility for safety and adhere to Petrofac’s safety rules. ‘Live’ our Petrofac Values and apply them in day-to-day work.
- Ensure that the current proposals process is followed by proposal teams for all assigned proposals.
- Preparation/review of ITT summary and Bid no Bid documentation detailing initial assessment of technical, commercial, contractual elements. Submit to management team for Bid no Bid decision. Ensure the paperwork is issued prior to the BnB meeting and notes of the outcomes are shared and filed accordingly.
- Work with ETP Business Development to develop and then implement overall proposal win strategy, to ensure this is reflected in the proposal write up.
- Manage preparation/review of proposal schedule. Proactively monitor individual proposals schedules and ensure actions are taking to deliver the proposal in the timelines required by the client.
- Work with Marketing to ensure that the Petrofac brand is accurately represented and adhered to in every ITT and for strategic messaging support. (Exec summaries etc)
- Liaison and coordination as required between the Proposals Team Lead, Engineers, Technical Authors, Administration, Business Development Managers and Head of Business Development, to ensure a compelling and complete tender response is created.
- Responsible for delivering ETP Proposals on time to the clients, (often via electronic bid portals) and keeping within each bids specific budget targets.
- Manage the coordination with Contracts Department for proposal contract review and qualification preparation. Manage the coordination with Commercial Department to ensure the commercial submission is completed and all required approvals are obtained in time for submission.
- Take accountability for ensuring bid quality standards are met both in terms of consistency and presentation.
- Participate in Risk Review Committee process in conjunction with ETP Senior Leadership team to ensure bid deadline and attainment of internal approvals in line with requirements.
- Ownership of the BD and Proposals process and procedures within Petrofac Business Management System.
- Liaison and support to Head of BD on quality management of BD process including external audits, internal/external weekly/monthly performance reporting and meetings.
- Responsible for management of the ETP Proposals department in Woking. Acts as the focal point for preparing and submission of ETP tenders, particularly for early engineering scopes.
- The Proposals Manager will ensure that the proposals process is followed for all assigned proposals, will actively participate in the preparation of any proposals for key pursuits and will deliver the individual proposals within the agreed Bid Budget.
- Degree qualified – preferably engineering/technical/law
- Hydrogen, CCS, Wind, Waste-to-Value, Emissions reduction Market knowledge
- Competition knowledge
- Knowledge of Proposal Process
- Previous experience in a business development or proposals functions.
- Response writing/creation
- Planning and scheduling to ensure narratives, approvals are all completed in time for the bid deadlines.