31 December 2023Department:
Permanent - Full TimeLocation:
United Kingdom, BrightonReporting To:
Job location : London / Brighton
Be the energy behind change. Join ABL Group.
OWC, an ABL Group company, is a technical and advisory consultancy specializing in renewable energy, including onshore & offshore, fixed/floating wind energy, onshore solar, floating solar, and hydrogen. OWC offers a global service offering, focused on project development services, owner’s engineering, technical due diligence, and independent engineering. We have an unrivalled reputation for providing high-quality, innovative, and reliable solutions, drawing on extensive technical knowledge and practical experience which goes back to the late 1990s in offshore renewables.
The Graduate engineer role offers a unique prospect for individuals to collaborate within the exceptional team, on engineering and consultancy assignments for a range of renewable energy projects including Solar PV, Wind, Power to X, and energy storage. The successful candidates will focus on a variety of projects associated with a single renewable technology across solar PV, wind, and energy storage.
Incumbents will have an opportunity to expand, support and learn from the wider onshore team of experts. They will be trained and mentored to take ownership of projects, services, and technical due diligence to support clients at key delivery milestones.
What you will be doing :
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to :
- Supporting independent engineers and owner's engineer engagements: reviewing contracts, designs, etc.
- Conducting data analysis and feasibility studies.
- Supporting client interface, research and development projects, project development, technical documentation review, technical permit review, and technical site assessment reviews, which can also include site visits.
- Review of technology, cost modelling, energy resource assessment, energy yield assessment, plant performance review, due diligence, gap analysis and fatal flaw investigations.
- Report writing.
- Energy market fundamentals.
- Attend regular internal meetings as required and recording minutes.
- Site work including construction and commissioning.
- Supporting onshore wind, solar and battery storage project managers in project delivery.
- Developing and writing scope of work and proposals.
- All other tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
This role offers flexibility in terms of working hours and a hybrid working environment.
What we are looking for :
We are looking for a candidate with good interpersonal abilities, a proactive team player with an astute focus on detail and exceptional numerical accuracy. Proficient at prioritizing tasks, highly organized, self-motivated, and insightful. A sociable and practical individual with unwavering strength of character. In addition, you will have :
- Bachelor's degree in renewable energy or electrical engineering and/or relevant work experience/ internship in a similar field.
- Ability to coordinate projects and work under own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking abilities and apply them in an industry context.
- Ability to correctly select and apply standards, guides, methods, and techniques with support from senior members.
- Excellent English communication skills and report-writing skills.
- Proficiency in MS office package usage.
What is in it for you?
OWC, an ABL Group company is dedicated to fostering a culture of continuous learning and professional growth for all employees. We have implemented a robust system to ensure swift on-the-job learning opportunities, enabling every individual to progress quickly. The successful candidate will have the chance to join our busy and dynamic team, working on international projects with esteemed clients. OWC, offers ample opportunities for personal and professional growth, making a tangible impact on projects that are crucial to building a more sustainable future. In addition, we provide a wide range of competitive benefits packages and a flexible and exciting working environment. At OWC, we prioritize employee well-being, fostering a supportive and diverse environment where everyone can thrive.
Our company offers a comprehensive benefits package to ensure the well-being and satisfaction of our employees. We provide group life insurance coverage that amounts to four times basic salary, offering financial security to their loved ones in the event of an unfortunate incident. Additionally, we prioritize the health of our employees by offering private medical insurance, ensuring they have access to quality healthcare (or equivalent, based on the country). To safeguard our employees during business travel, we provide business travel insurance to cover any unforeseen circumstances.
Furthermore, we understand the importance of personal safety, which is why we offer personal accident insurance to provide additional protection. In terms of work-life balance, our employees enjoy 25 paid annual leaves, along with bank holidays, to recharge and spend time with family and friends. Additionally, we appreciate the hard work and dedication of our employees by offering an annual discretionary bonus as a token of appreciation.
We also believe in the continuous professional development of our employees, which is why we cover the costs of professional body memberships. Moreover, our employees have access to coaching and mentoring programs to enhance their skills and career growth. We encourage learning and staying up-to-date with industry trends by offering access to conferences and webinars.
In line with the changing work landscape, we offer flexible and hybrid working options, allowing employees to find a balance that suits their needs and preferences.
Overall, our benefits package aims to support our employees well-being, professional growth, and work-life balance, ensuring a fulfilling and rewarding experience with our company
You can learn more about our team and what we do here: The Renewable Energy Consultants - OWC (owcltd.com)Join us and grow with us.
We will be conducting interviews regularly and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
For your application to be taken into consideration, please be advised, that you must submit your application via the link provided on this page.
We look forward to receiving your application.No recruitment agencies.