We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
In today’s world it’s important to work for a company that has clear purpose, giving back to communities and supporting what is truly important in the world.
When considering a career move its vital to work for a business that is aligned to your values and goals, a place where you can belong. See what WSP stands for in 2023 and beyond…
To find out more about our ENERGY
business click on the following link and discover what awaits you at WSP: Energy | WSP
Your new role, what's involved?
This role includes:
- Working closely with our project managers to support the delivery of our renewable energy projects.
- Supporting the project manager across a range of renewable energy consultancy assignments,
- Setting up and managing our project control systems to help deliver projects in a robust and consistent manner.
- Monitoring progress and collating technical inputs into assignments, liaising with technical teams,
- Coordinating the delivery of high-quality technical advisory works,
- Monitoring and reporting on the financial performance of projects and project portfolios, helping us to meet our budgets.
- Contributing to the development of a close-knit and high-performing specialist renewables team.
This role reports to our Renewables Project Management Lead. At any one time you may work on multiple projects across the full project lifecycle, covering a range of work scopes and technologies. In a typical working week, our Assistant Project Managers are involved in many diverse activities, projects, and internal business functions.
We'll provide you with career-enhancing, challenging, and rewarding work, always allowing the individual Assistant Project Manager to grow as we deliver exceptional outcomes for our clients.YOUR TEAM
WSP’s team is growing, and with a firm strategy to significantly expand our renewable energy team further we are looking for capable and ambitious Assistant Project Managers.
We are equally keen to see applications from contractors, developers, financiers/lenders, and manufacturers, as well as those people with consultancy experience. WSP is building a team with a broad range, allowing us to provide industry-leading advice and value to our clients. WSP’s has a long history, and a significant future pipeline, focused on the delivery of high-quality technical advisory and management consultancy services in the renewable energy sectors.
We work on all the major renewable energy technologies (including offshore wind, onshore wind, solar PV, battery energy storage), including some of the world’s largest renewable energy and storage projects. We have established client relationships with many of the largest and most well-known developers, investors, and lenders in the industry, and we support their projects across the globe.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- A degree in a relevant engineering, technical or scientific discipline. A renewable energy related degree or post-graduate qualification would be great, and it is not essential,
- Some experience in supporting the delivery and project management of energy projects. Ideally this would be related to both UK and international utility scale renewable projects, though again knowledge, enthusiasm, and a willingness to learn and develop, are what we are looking for,
- A keen interest in the renewable energy industry, and some knowledge of the processes associated with developing renewable energy projects,
- Some experience in liaising directly with clients and in building client relationships,
- Some UK renewable energy market experience.
What's in it for you?
WSP recognises that work is only one part of your life and time for other things is important, be that your family, friends, or yourself. Our hybrid working policy allows the flexibility to work from home as well as collaborating in our well-located offices across the UK.
We want our people to achieve rewarding careers, and we celebrate integrity and treat people with respect. We support each other and embrace diversity to create a place where people can come together and achieve remarkable things.
Our VIBE (LGBT+ employee), Women in Leadership, CREED (Championing Racial Equality and Ethnic Diversity), WSP Connect (visible and non-visible disabilities), and our Gender Balance Group, help us promote the right environment for you to reach your full potential. Belonging@WSP
We support our people, giving you the tools to make improvements to your health and wellbeing through our Thrive programme.
Med24 gives you and your family unrestricted telephone access to an NHS doctor. You can call day or night or have a face-to-face video consultation.
WSP offers the “WSP Hour”, enabling you to timeslip an hour each day, making up the time earlier or later that day. We can also offer part time working, where appropriate. New for 2023 is the ability to flex your bank holiday entitlement to suit yourself.
We appreciate that development and training is important to you and that is why we have a supportive environment that invests in your professional and personal development, whether that’s chartership, training or mentoring.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!#WeAreWSP
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. As a Disability Confident leader, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria, please let us know if you require any workplace adjustments in support of your application.
Please note WSP reserves the right to close the vacancy before the advertised closing date.