Engineering Manager - Solar PV
London, UK - 3 days a week office presence required*
- up to 20% Bonus
- 25 days holiday
MDE are recruiting for an Technical Manager for a world leading investment organisation focusing on renewable energy. This role will be focused on their solar division providing support to local project teams and the wider corporation on all Solar PV assets.
The mission for the successful applicant is to lead a team to guarantee that while acquiring, developing, constructing, and operating solar PV assets, prudent engineering decisions are made. These decisions span asset design, technology selection, quality assurance, contract management, lifetime O&M strategies, and associated technical assumptions, all harmonized with industry best practices to diminish risk and optimise value.
- Lead solar PV engineering and technology initiatives for assets at various stages and M&A opportunities.
- Develop, implement, and maintain best practices in solar PV engineering management processes, guidance, and standards.
- Recruit, develop, and lead a high-performing team of solar experts.
- Conduct engineering and technical due diligence on potential acquisition projects, mitigating risks and adding value.
- Act as a central point of coordination for solar engineering and equipment-related issues across all project phases.
- Establish processes for early-stage engineering designs and related standard practices for utility-scale PV assets.
- Degree in electrical or relevant engineering discipline.
- Demonstrable expertise in solar PV, specifically utility-scale PV assets.
- Proven experience in team management.
- In-depth understanding of PV technology, subsystems, and factors influencing PV plant performance.
- Detailed knowledge of major component suppliers, including technical specifications and negotiation skills.
- Ability to grasp technical implications of commercial objectives and contribute to Financial Models.
If you would like to hear more, please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and arrange a time to talk.