Build working relationship with Contractors Management teams and consultant teams to ensure contractors successfully execute their work with zero incidents, on time and on budget, while following contractual obligations. Conduct periodic inspections, audits, site visits, training and participate in awareness campaigns.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES
- Conducts HSEQ inspections/assessments of contractor construction activities to monitor compliance with applicable safety and health requirements including contractual commitments, permits and the contractors approved HSEQ Plans.
- Provide detailed inspection reports with corrective actions. Confirm closure of previously issued HSEQ reports.
- Conduct accommodation inspections and audits as required
- Provides ES&H technical support and assistance to contract projects during site visits.
- Provides technical support & review of contactor HSEQ documentation, such as method statements and risk assessments.
- Provide coaching & mentoring approach to ES&H with contractor workforces and EPM staff.
- Under the direction of T&D Construction Project Manager participate in project wide HSEQ campaigns and initiatives, including but not limited to vehicle Inspection campaigns, behavioral safety, focused assessments of contract work site: work at height safety, chemical storage, traffic & pedestrian management, scaffold, PPE, excavations etc.
- Participates in meetings with contractors HSEQ and construction personnel to advise them of ESH requirements that may affect execution of the works.
- Delivering HSEQ training with contractor’s workforce when required to.
- Support incident investigations under the direction of Audit & Inspections Manager.
- Must be able to demonstrate experience of implementing all aspects of Construction HSEQ Management.
- Provides technical assistance to others.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills to explain HSEQ related work processes and standards to all levels of the organization.
- Self-motivated individual with good leadership skills and experience and the ability to influence without authority.
- Ability to manage priorities.
- Ability to work within a culturally diverse organization, recognizing and respecting differences
- Able to communicate effectively when delivering presentations to diverse groups from senior managers to workers in the field, cognizant of the different learning abilities to ensure key messages are effectively received.
- Significant experience working with construction contractors to ensure related HSEQ standards are understood and complied with.
- Knowledge of hazardous materials and physical risk exposures and Personal Protective Equipment standards as well as People Based Safety (behavioral safety) processes and procedures.
- Experience in safety inspections/assessments during construction.
- Knowledge of national and international safety laws/regulations and regulatory agencies’ processes and responsibilities, industry standards/practices for safety and health compliance, and best management practices for minimizing potential safety risks during project execution.
- Implementation and maintenance of the HSEQ Management System in line with OHSAS 18001 / ISO45001/ ISO 14001 & ISO9001.
- Knowledge of construction systems, methods, and work processes
- Bachelor’s degree or other equivalent procurement/ management qualification
- Have a tertiary institution degree in HSEQ related field
- Have NEBOSH Diploma
- Ideally, 3-5 years of project HSEQ experience gained in the Gulf Region.
- Experience with construction of tunnels, bridges, earthworks, linear infrastructure (powerlines, water lines), etc.
- At least 5 years of experience earned with major companies or leading a major project team in relation to HSEQ
- Demonstrated track record of being a practitioner in HSEQ within building/construction.
- Experience leading and managing high performing individuals and teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with a diverse group of individuals.
- Strong-reporting skills.