Engineering Graduate Program
Location: Inverness, Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Paisley, Glasgow
Salary: £32,796 per annum
Reference: REQ3511 At SGN, we are recruiting for our latest Engineering Graduate Program,
offering an amazing opportunity for post-graduate specialised learning and development across multiple areas of our business to help you acquire the skills needed to excel in our industry.
This Graduate Scheme will involve working on a variety of projects and support the design, development and delivery of engineering solutions to industry leading innovation projects such as decarbonising the gas network, the use of hydrogen for energy and future energy networks. As a part of the Graduate Program, you will be working across different areas of the business and occasional business travel will be required across the UK.
- Under the guidance of management, rotate through different engineering roles to provide technical support in areas such as Electrical & Instrumentation, Operations and Maintenance, Transmission, Network, Asset Management, Engineering Policy and Future of Energy
- Provide support for projects to develop creative and effective solutions to varied engineering problems
- Assist with audits, inspections, design reviews, project management, and technical documentation
- Scope and support the production of technical papers and presentations
- Participate in meetings/correspondence with internal stakeholders, subcontractors, 3rd parties, etc
- Support with anticipating any potential project risks, identifying and establishing corrective actions
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements For Role
- Enhance practical, analytical, and critical-thinking skills through occupational experience
- Train in relevant areas of gas networks and associated safety and legislative requirements
- Consolidate knowledge in areas of engineering disciplines, including design work instructions and standards, legislative requirements and current best engineering practices
- Mentorship and coaching to support journey to professional registration as Chartered or Incorporated Engineer
We will consider engineers who are graduating or have graduated in the following disciplines at a minimum BEng 2:1
We're Also Looking For
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Instrumentation and Control or similar
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Professional and mature attitude
- Flexible approach to changes and challenges
- Able to apply initiative and take personal responsibility
- Ability to communicate with impact, with a creative and intelligent approach
SGN is currently paving the way in cutting-edge research and development towards a net zero energy system. We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas, and we think supporting outside the box – futuristic technologies
and robotics are leading our innovation so that we can strive every day to make the world a better place and look after each other, and our customers’ safety
. Be part of something big and make a difference today!
Our company | SGN Your gas. Our network.Here’s What We Offer You
Everyone is different, so there’s something in our benefits package for everyone. Click the link below for more info on some of the benefits we offer:
Benefits | SGN Your gas. Our network. Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do.
We want our workplace to be an innovative and inclusive place to work, where every single person feels empowered to achieve professional success. Click the link below to find out about how we are working towards fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace for all: Diversity and inclusion | SGN Your gas. Our network.