Starting salary from £39,240 - £49,050 per annum
Help us create a better future, quicker
The Programme Analyst, reporting to the Operational Improvement Manager, shall be responsible to undertake a range of financial and business analysis tasks in support of the company’s capital investment programme.
This particular role will have a strong focus on financial reporting, SAP financials, Data and Financial analysis and adherence to financial governance processes.What You’ll Be Doing
What You’ll Bring
- Perform all duties in accordance with the company’s financial and project management governance policies and procedures
- Analyse spend across the major project portfolio, highlighting actual or projected variances against authorised budget and forecast
- Collate data from a range of business systems to provide concise summary reports of the current financial position
- Facilitate the annual budget review and quarterly forecasting exercises
- Support the financial authorisation process, tracking approval and re-authorisation papers and ensuring all management systems are updated to reflect agreed values
- Liaise with the Scottish Power Control Team and provide first line support to the Major Projects Delivery Team and wider business.
- Facilitate the resolution of issues associated with budget control
- Carry out update and administration tasks associated with various systems, databases and spreadsheets used within the budget control process.
- Assist in the development of new procedures associated with budget management and participate in process improvement projects
What’s In It For You
- Experience of the financial governance practices within a large industrial or commercial organisation.
- Formal training and associated qualifications within the field of financial management, data analysis or other related discipline
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills and proficient in the use of office software including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email.
- Proficient in the use of business IT applications. Experience on SAP and PowerBI/Business Objects would be beneficial
- A general appreciation of project management practices and principles
- Ability to form effective working relationships with other individuals, departments, and businesses
As well as a competitive salary which is reviewed annually, you can also enjoy a number of other benefits. With our pension scheme, we’ll double match your contribution up to a company contribution of 10%.Benefits
At ScottishPower, we believe it’s the little things we do in life that make a big difference. From helping you look after your family’s wellbeing, save for your future and take personal steps for climate action – our benefits are designed to help you do just that - so that you have everything you need to take care of your world – today and tomorrow. That’s why our benefits include:
Why SP Energy Networks
- 36 days annual leave
- Holiday purchase – perfect your work/life balance with extra annual leave
- Share Incentive Plan and Sharesave Scheme
- Payroll giving and charity matched funding
- Technology Vouchers – save more and spread the cost of your technology purposes
- Count us in – pledge to reduce carbon emissions and help fight climate change
- Electric Vehicle Schemes – to help you transition to green/clean driving
- Cycle to Work scheme and public transport season ticket loans
- Options to purchase dental insurance, private medical insurance, health cash plan and annual health assessments
- Life Assurance (4x salary)
- Access to ‘nudge’ financial wellbeing support
- Plus shopping, leisure, restaurant and gym discounts, and unique employee deals on travel insurance and more
SP Energy Networks is part of the Iberdrola Group, one of the world’s largest integrated utility companies and a world leader in wind energy. We keep electricity flowing to homes and businesses through Central and Southern Scotland, North Wales and in the North West of England. We operate over 4000km of cables and lines that make-up the transmission network – connecting infrastructure like wind farms into the electricity system. It’s a role that puts us right at the heart of Scotland’s ambition to be Net Zero by 2044. And we’re taking it very seriously. We’re investing >£5.5 billion into our transmission network, directly supporting the rapid growth needed in renewable energy. With diverse opportunities across our businesses and a commitment to invest in our own internal talent, ScottishPower can offer people real career opportunities that meet personal and professional goals, in a global organisation.
Inclusion, diversity, and a social purpose are at the heart of everything we do. Together with our values, they bring us together into a stronger, more sustainable business with direct links to the communities we serve. It takes all kinds of people to build a large-scale business like ours, so whatever your background, you’ll fit right in.
We are committed to providing reasonable support or adjustments in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.Mobility
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country. If/when required, the Company will support the employee with the necessary Immigration requirements.Job Posting End Date