Our philosophy at The Travel Corporation (TTC) is simple. To create enriching experiences for travellers by combining an unbeatable mix of exceptional service and quality at great value. All of this is underpinned with our core Purpose, to MAKE TRAVEL MATTER®.
As a global family-owned and run business with over 100 years of experience in the travel industry, our ethos of being ‘Driven by Service’, ensures we keep our values of passion, people and purpose at the heart of everything we do - designing and running immersive, innovative and responsible travel experiences for our guests across 70 countries. Join us in creating life-changing moments for every guest across our 40 award-winning brands and experience the TTC difference.
The Sustainability Analyst will be key to guiding The Travel Corporation and our family of 40 award-winning travel brands towards a low-carbon future.
TTC has a clear Climate Action Plan with science-based targets to support this transition. Our family of 40 brands is working towards evolving our product and operations in a manner that addresses our impact on host communities, addressing the challenge of over tourism and progressing the business’ decarbonization.
This role will support TTC’s Global Sustainability Manager, who reports to TTC’s Chief Sustainability Officer, to identify and assess potential low-carbon initiatives across our brands. The analyst’s role will be crucial to enabling the business to understand the carbon reduction potential, practicality, infrastructure opportunities and barriers, associated costs, payback and ROI of carbon reduction initiatives as they pertain to our tours and overall operations.
This role will be a part of our wider sustainability team which oversees both the development and implementation of our current sustainability strategy, How We Tread Right as well as our TreadRight Foundation. This role must be based in London.
- Identify potential carbon reduction opportunities and savings on our tours and in our operations
- Analyse carbon reduction tactics across our tours, thus future-proofing them against changing regulatory landscapes, capacity limits where they exist and our own decarbonization efforts
- Conduct scenario planning and produce reports that present the opportunities and limitations of scenarios that address industry challenges
- Maintain datasets regarding the carbon footprint of our tours, periodically supporting brands to establish data sets
- Create project briefs and support the evaluation of tenders for decarbonization work across the business, including Scope 1, 2 and 3
- Support new tour development in line with our sustainability strategy
- Support our brand teams in their decarbonization efforts
- Support tracking budgets and KPIs related to the use of our Carbon Fund and other decarbonization projects
- Track and report against our Scope 1, 2 and 3 science-based targets
- An understanding of the regulatory landscape as it pertains to the green transition globally, in particular our core operating environments of the EU, UK, Australia as well as the US and Canada
- Strong research, data and analytics skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Familiarity with the sustainability reporting landscape and supporting software
- Experience in green transition scenario planning
- An understanding of carbon accounting
- Experience working with GHG inventories and net zero strategies
- Experience in a role that assessed and/or implemented green transition tactics and strategies