We have an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated individual to join the Engineering Team as a fully skilled Heavy Goods Vehicle Maintenance Technician based at our Vehicle Maintenance Unit in Nottingham.Your role
We believe that our strengths come from our differences, and we actively invest in recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
As a Vehicle Technician, you will maintain FedEx Assets' safety and reliability by performing service and maintenance of the company fleet of vehicles and trailers in line with planned maintenance schedules. Ensuring that the fleet is safe, legal and fit for duties.Working hours:
40 per weekShift
- Week1: 06:00-14:30 Monday to Friday
- Week2: 12:30-21:00 Monday to Friday
: Base pay £16.83 per hour. Premia paid for hours worked between 7pm - 10pm (£1.81 per hour), and 10pm - 6am (£2.19 per hour).What are you going to be doing?
What are we looking for?
- Completion of signed service and inspection records
- Completion of defect reports and associated paperwork to comply with legal requirements.
- Prepare vehicles and trailers for annual MOT testing (to a standard to ensure 1st time pass)
- Perform ad-hoc vehicle repairs, investigating and rectifying vehicle defects.
- Ensuring the correct and effective safe use of all tools, plant and ancillary equipment
- Maintaining good housekeeping standards carrying out any other duty deemed reasonable by Management
Fully skilled with applicable Licenses / Vocational Training (e.g., LGV C&E licence (class one)).City & Guilds parts 1 & 2 or equivalent in commercial vehicle repairsKnowledge of the use and operation of all automotive equipment and testing / troubleshooting equipmentAbility to lift and manoeuvre Heavy Vehicle ComponentsExperience with welding and basic D.C. electrical troubleshooting skillsMust possess valid driving licensePrevious experience within a similar role
What youll get!
22 days holiday a year (+1 day for every full year worked between Jan-Dec, up to 27 days)FedEx Retirement PlanFree Uniform and PPEFree parkingLife assurance policy which pays out 4 x salaryEmployee Assistance Programme Provides you with confidential support, information and advice to help you with your wellbeingHospital cash plan schemeTuition assistance for external trainingReduced rate shipping for international packagesGroup scheme savings on many itemsGreat career opportunities
Diversity & Inclusion is more than the workplace. Its the cultures we celebrate, the dreams we inspire, and creating a global community where everyone is accepted. At FedEx, diversity and inclusion happens because we do it together.