We have an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated individual to join the Engineering Team as a fully skilled Heavy Goods Vehicle Maintenance Technician based at our Vehicle Maintenance Unit in Rotherham.Your role
We believe that our strengths come from our differences, and we actively invest in recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
As a Vehicle Technician, you will maintain FedEx Assets' safety and reliability by performing service and maintenance of the company fleet of vehicles and trailers in line with planned maintenance schedules. Ensuring that the fleet is safe, legal and fit for duties.Working hours
: 40 per weekShift
: Night shift.22:00 - 06:30Salary
: Base pay £16.03 per hour. Premia paid for hours worked between 7pm - 10pm (£1.72 per hour), and 10pm - 6am (£2.08 per hour).What are you going to be doing?
What are we looking for?
- Completion of signed service and inspection records
- Completion of defect reports and associated paperwork to comply with legal requirements.
- Prepare vehicles and trailers for annual MOT testing (to a standard to ensure 1st time pass)
- Perform ad-hoc vehicle repairs, investigating and rectifying vehicle defects.
- Ensuring the correct and effective safe use of all tools, plant and ancillary equipment
- Maintaining good housekeeping standards carrying out any other duty deemed reasonable by Management
What youll get!
- Fully skilled with applicable Licenses / Vocational Training (e.g., LGV C&E licence (class one)).
- City & Guilds parts 1 & 2 or equivalent in commercial vehicle repairs
- Knowledge of the use and operation of all automotive equipment and testing / troubleshooting equipment
- Ability to lift and manoeuvre Heavy Vehicle Components
- Experience with welding and basic D.C. electrical troubleshooting skills
- Must possess valid driving license
- Previous experience within a similar role
- 22 days holiday a year (+1 day for every full year worked between Jan-Dec, up to 27 days)
- FedEx Retirement Plan
- Free Uniform and PPE
- Free parking
- Life assurance policy which pays out 4 x salary
- Employee Assistance Programme Provides you with confidential support, information and advice to help you with your wellbeing
- Hospital cash plan scheme
- Tuition assistance for external training
- Reduced rate shipping for international packages
- Group scheme savings on many items
- Great career opportunities
Diversity & Inclusion is more than the workplace. Its the cultures we celebrate, the dreams we inspire, and creating a global community where everyone is accepted. At FedEx, diversity and inclusion happens because we do it together.