Are you looking for a new opportunity that offers meaningful work with true purpose? We would love to welcome you to our multinational team! Your growth is our growth. We invest in your future by enhancing your skills and abilities through training opportunities and interesting challenges.
At Panasonic, we believe in the power of collaboration - only together can we continue to expand our innovative edge and exceed our customers’ expectations. We are a powerful brand with a rich company culture, based on our 7 principles. It's not just about what we do, but how we do it. To fulfil our social responsibilities, we will continue to do what we have done for over 100 years - to enrich people’s lives at home and at work, and move society forward.
PMUK Home Appliance Division are looking for a Mechanical Maintenance Technician to join the Maintenance Engineering team, who will be responsible for supplying first-line response to manufacturing equipment breakdowns, and providing engineering support and solutions to improve OEE.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Carrying out planned preventative maintenance of all equipment and machinery.
- Providing technical, hands-on support for machinery and equipment breakdowns.
- Completing and logging engineering helpdesk tasks.
- Manufacturing copper welding electrodes, pins, jigs and fixtures as required.
- Provide technical support for Gemba innovation and engineering projects.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Education & Relevant Experience:
Knowledge & Skills:
- ONC/HNC (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering.
- 2+ years’ experience in a Mechanical Engineering background.
- Experience of working in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Experience in the use of workshop machines, including Lathe and Milling machines.
- Excellent mechanical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read mechanical technical drawings.
- Demonstrates critical thinking and analysis when applying solutions to engineering problems.
- Technical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt and communicate in a style appropriate to any individual or situation.
- Resilient – leads through change.
- Team player and good communicator.
- Ability to work at height, or within enclosed spaces.
- A flexible approach relating to working hours.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
Working Hours: Monday-Thursday 07:30-16:30, Friday 07:30-12:15
- Flexi-time system.
- Company pension contributions of up to 10%.
- Early finish on a Friday.
- Free parking on site.
- Annual leave entitlement of 24 days (+ bank holidays), increasing up to 30 (+ bank holidays) with service.
- Death in service benefit of 4x annual salary.
- Enhanced pay for maternity, paternity, bereavement, adoption, surrogacy, and sickness.
- Fuel card with UK Fuels, providing discounted rates at the pump.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Long Service Awards.
- On-site canteen.
- Exclusive 'Staff Sales' site for Panasonic products.
- Training and development opportunities.
- 'Refer a Friend' recruitment scheme.
Panasonic is one of the largest and leading electronic product manufacturers in the world. The depth and variety of our research capabilities, manufacturing expertise, high quality and sophisticated products have remained strong since 1918. Our mission is to create the Panasonic business of "tomorrow." By integrating business, technology, and creativity, we will realize ideal lifestyles and societies solving social issues globally. Learn more about Sustainability at Panasonic.
Panasonic Manufacturing UK Ltd. (known as PMUK) established itself in Cardiff in 1974 and has prided itself on providing quality products to provide enhanced living for our customers, always making people central to our activities. Focusing on our innovative electronics technology, we strive to provide a wide variety of products, systems, and services in various spaces and areas, such has homes, communities, businesses, and automobiles.
PMUK is currently home to three separate business divisions:
- Home Appliance Division (HAD) focuses on the cooking appliance market and is specifically involved in the design, development, and production of high-quality microwave ovens and induction hobs.
- Mobile Solutions Business Division Europe (MSBD EU) specialises in providing integrated computer solutions, specifically involving configuration of TOUGHBOOK and TOUGHPAD products, docking solutions, and services to match their customers’ full solution requirement. The Panasonic TOUGHBOOK range sets the industry standard for ruggedised laptops and tablets used by automotive, defence, emergency services, forklift, transport and logistics, manufacturing, utilities, and other key markets.
- Panasonic Connect Europe Customer Service Centre (PCOEU-CS) is a repair centre for PCOEU, which provides business products and solutions to help businesses capture, compute, and communicate every piece of visual, voice, and text-based data using a range of broadcasting equipment, interactive displays, and projectors.
Please find here more information about Panasonic as an employer.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
Fairness and equality are in our DNA. We are committed to creating a safe and inclusive workplace where people feel empowered to bring their whole selves to work. We want to ensure that our people are respected for who they are as individuals, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community. We are committed to promoting inclusion for the success of our business.
Panasonic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and disability, or any other characteristics.