Software Test Engineer
Location: Fully onsite or optionally hybrid 3 days per week at our head office in Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire, ST5 9HX. You must have the ability to reliably commute, or plan to relocate before starting work.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm, with some flexibility for out of hours cover.
Salary: £35K to £55k pa depending on experience, seniority & fit (plus performance bonus scheme)
Who Are We?
GivEnergy is a manufacturer of electronic equipment designed to manage energy use and production. We specialise in our range of inverters and battery systems which allow our users to store their renewable/cheap-rate energy, ease pressure on the grid and save some serious money. Last year we diversified into the smart plug arena (providing our end-users with real-time data and autonomy of energy usage) and we have plans to roll-out our very own electric vehicle charger and all-in-one system over the upcoming year. As if this wasn’t exciting enough, GivEnergy Europe was formed at the end of 2022, and we’re excited to continue our success across the continent.
As our equipment has such a huge impact to our end-user's energy prices and their ability to self-consume, we have grown at an extraordinary pace (500% last year alone) with no signs of slowing down. The industry is booming and there couldn’t be a better time join the renewable industry.
There are a few things that make us stand out from the competition here at GivEnergy:
- Our vertical integration. We own our supply chain with all the benefits this brings.
- Our incredible customer support.
- Our highly engaged expert user community.
- And of course, our UK-based team of software developers.
We have highly ambitious plans todevelop a world class set of digital products that support and enable GivEnergy’s ambitious mission to empower energy freedom for all.
What we’re looking for:
We know that one of the things that makes our people so successful, and work together so brilliantly is their differences. As such, we do not want you to consider this an exhaustive list – if it is a yes to all the below, great! If it is most – we still want to hear from you:
- 2 years’ testing/QA experience in software
Including an understanding and competence in:
- Experience with defect and test management software (e.g., Jira)
- Knowledge testing web and mobile applications
- Familiarity with various testing techniques
- Great troubleshooting and problem solving skills
It would be advantageous if you had some competence in the following:
- Writing test automation in Cypress
- Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence)
- Experience working with mobiles testing services/labs
- Home Assistant
- Automation & CI/CD pipelines
Our Software Development team is one of the most critical components of our operation & will be a key factor in our innovation. End-user requirements, improvements and game-changing advancements come into fruition at the hands of our Developers – no mean feat in a Company growing at the phenomenal rate we are.
We’re looking to grow our team with the addition of several Test Engineers, reporting to the Software Engineering Manager. These roles will play a key part in our development of a smart & scalable platform which will support our innovation and linking into our hardware research and development to ensure GivEnergy remain ahead of the market & can deliver on our mission to empower energy freedom for all.
Building on our existing team’s skills, we’re looking for Test Engineers who have the flexibility and drive, to work across all elements of our stack to produce the best control software and reporting systems possible for our inverter, battery & EV charging systems.
This is a great opportunity for a versatile developer with a passion for renewable energy to join a progressive, UK centred and rapidly scaling company.
What you’ll be doing:
No two days will look the same in this role, you can expect a mix of the below accountabilities:
- Working with the senior team analysing requirements, building test plans, and testing new features.
- Working with & enabling the expert user community.
- Analyse issues raised and feeding back to the team.
- Working with the team to build out automated testing capabilities.
Why work with us?
In a world which feels pretty uncertain right now, there couldn’t be a better time to join the thriving energy battery storage industry as it charges from strength to strength. We’ve just moved into a new three-story Head Office building in Newcastle-under-Lyme, and we’re also redeveloping our Chemical Lane manufacturing site too (livestream available on our website).
In return for your hard work, this is what we bring to the cable:
- Regular performance-based salary reviews.
- The opportunity to earn 2 generous bonuses each year (a profit share scheme and a performance-based bonus).
- Onsite or Hybrid working (typically 3 days per week onsite for FTE software development role).
- Regular Company events, shows and exhibitions.
- Work in a fun, relaxed environment with a smart/casual dress code, and free Company branded workwear provided.
- A pragmatic attitude to timekeeping - within core limits, you'll get the flexibility to manage your time as per the needs of the role.
- We love to home-grow our talent, so there’s plenty of opportunities to progress and grow and bags of continuous professional development.
- Access to a workplace pension scheme.
- Join our team of foodies, with free tea and coffee provided onsite with regular snacks thrown in too.
- Come to work every day and know you’re playing your part in changing the world for the better– this is just about as close as we can get to guaranteeing you job satisfaction!
- Eligibility* to join our development hardware scheme with the option to test out our latest products in your own home.
- Discounts available on our products. *
* Terms apply
Agencies: Please note that we do not require agency support at this time.