RWE Renewables UK Management Ltd., Swindon
To start January 2024, full time, fixed term
Project DevelopmentOnshore Renewables Developer – Entry Level - Swindon
– 1 years fixed term
An exciting and challenging opportunity for a number of Entry Level Onshore Renewables Developers to join our growing teams based in the UK.
(This position will be based out of our Swindon office) UK
Are you looking to kickstart your career in the ever-growing renewables industry? Then this entry level position with us is an ideal career starter. From the offset, you will be submersed into the world of development. You will be given your own various projects and responsibilities within the busy department, and you will gain invaluable insight into key processes and tasks within development. We are passionate about your professional growth and as such, we will work with you to produce a personal development plan and ensure you receive key, valuable training.Role Description
This is a perfect opportunity for a recent university graduate, passionate about the renewables sector and eager to get a foot in the door. You will be joining a leading global energy company at an exciting time in its growth. You will be working as part of the wider RWE international team, responsible for growing the onshore wind business in the UK & Ireland. RWE Renewables offers unrivalled career development and role progression prospects.
As an Entry Level Onshore Renewables Developer, you will be working within a multidisciplinary team responsible for the early stages of development of onshore renewable energy projects. You will be involved with the initial inception of a project as a greenfield development, securement of all required land, initial environmental surveys , grid and the necessary regulatory consents. As such, you will be exposed to and gain invaluable experience and skills in a broad range of development activities, ultimately contributing to the UK & Ireland’s renewable energy and net zero targets.Experience And Skills
Advantageous – but not a must
- An Honours Degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, Renewables, Geography, Planning, or relevant related discipline;
- A sound knowledge of primary environmental, planning and renewable energy policy and legislation;
- Knowledge of and a passion for the UK renewables industry;
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills;
- Good project management skills (managing deadlines and delivering projects to high standards);
- Ability to be flexible and work on a number of projects at once and manage priorities while taking ownership to see tasks through to completion;
- Ability to maintain high levels of drive and energy, setting personally challenging targets with a strong drive to deliver results;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders and build personal relationships;
- A team player with a collaborative and proactive approach;
- Must be flexible to travel to sites to meet landowners and specialist consultants, with occasional overnight stays and overseas travel to RWEs offices and sites for training as required; and
- Full clean driving licence and access to a car
Why you should apply
- Previous experience within the energy sector or renewables sector within country of application is desirable; and
- Experience of using GIS (Geography Information System) Software is desirable
As well as a competitive salary package you’ll also get the opportunity to really shape the future of our business. Along the way, we’ll give you all the support you need to develop your skill set and achieve your long-term ambitions.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive organisation and to valuing the contribution that our employees make. We welcome and respect differences in culture, background, working style, education and other less obvious differences.Salary and package details
25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
There will be an expectation to travel to other offices and sites outside of your base location (including Europe/Overseas) which may involve overnight stays.RWE Renewables in the UK
RWE is the third largest renewable generator in UK, with a diverse portfolio of onshore wind and offshore wind amounting to over 2.2 gigawatts (GW). RWE is ideally positioned in the UK, with a combination of flexible power assets in addition to wind and solar. RWE already generates around 15% of all the electricity generated in the UK, a figure that we expect to grow as we expand our renewables portfolio.
The UK plays a key role in RWE’s strategy to grow its renewables business and to become carbon neutral by 2040.rwe.com/career
Apply now with just a few clicks: ad code 83775,
application deadline 17/11/2022
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of gender, disability, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, age or sexual orientation and identity.
Of course, you can find us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Xing, too.
RWE represents change, innovation and sustainability. As one of the world’s leading generators of electricity from renewable energy sources, we aim to be carbon-neutral by 2040 and to enable a sustainable life for people around the world. To achieve this, we are looking for dynamic and motivated people to join us in creating a sustainable and secure energy future.
RWE Renewables GmbH, based in Essen, Germany, is RWE’s youngest subsidiary and one of the world’s leading companies in the field of renewable energies. With an international team of around 3,500 employees, we are drivers of the energy transition – and provide electricity for a sustainable life. Our total capacity of more than 9 gigawatts results from onshore and offshore wind parks, photovoltaic plants and battery storage. We focus on growth: on the American continent, on the European core markets and on new markets in the Asia-Pacific region.