We have a vacancy for a Lead Technician at our manufacturing site in Telford, Shropshire, UK working as part of our Maintenance/Engineering team.
We are looking for multi-skilled applicants with an electrical bias ,ideally candidates will possess an HNC electrical qualification. Experience working in a manufacturing environment is an advantage but not essential.
Applications with CV and salary expectation via linkedin and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The B+K-GROUP is a €500m+ p.a. turnover, family owned, leading European full-service supplier of flexible plastic, laminate packaging and technical films and is represented around the world by a strong network of sales offices. B+K employs a total of around 2,700 staff at five production plants in Germany, France, the United Kingdom and Poland.
Its UK site, in Telford, employs c120 people and, with a turnover in excess of £25m pa, is involved in the manufacture of blown mono and co-extruded films, printed film and heavy-duty sacks. Their blue-chip customer base in consumer and industrial markets includes international brands and household names to whom they sell directly and via merchants. The site houses modern blown film extrusion technology and flexographic printers (up to 10 colours).
For further information please visit https://www.bk-international.com/uk/
Role and responsibilities include:
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures and actively promotes preventative maintenance & Continuous Improvement and its activities and services to others.
- Carry out planned and unplanned maintenance work.
- Multi skilled to carry out mechanical and electrical repairs as required.
- Diagnosing breakdown problems.
- Liaising with Production teams.
- Assist with arranging specialist procurement of fixtures, fittings and components.
- Assist with controlling maintenance tools, stores and equipment.
- Dealing with emergency and unplanned problems and repairs.
- Perform all other related and compatible duties assigned.
- Complete and utilize daily maintenance SAP system.
- Direct activities including sign off in house training and development of technicians.
- Repair and troubleshoot process, facility equipment and systems.
- Direct shift preventative maintenance and work orders.
- Follow up to ensure all Preventative Maintenance and work orders have been completed.
- Support technicians and apprentices with work assignments.
- Communicate with all departments daily on any maintenance and related issues.
- Support production requirements with maintenance and improvements.
- Computer literate to support maintenance in word, excel and SAP system.
- Ensure all shift technicians enter time sheets into SAP.
- Work with Maintenance team leader to resolve complicated repairs and issues.
- Participate in continuous improvement programs.
- Submit parts requirements as necessary.
- Lead in safety compliance and help to ensure that all Safety and Environmental rules and regulations are followed.
- Be lead in introduction of new practices.
- Drive and own continuous improvement projects.
- To undertake any ad hoc projects as and when directed by the Maintenance Manager.