We are breaking the boundaries and pushing our commitment to the EVTOL world by changing the way the world travels. Our mission is powered by pioneers and progress is our prerogative.
Here at Vertical, we are developing the UK’s first fully electric, vertical take-off and landing aircraft (eVTOL), the VX4. With zero-operating emissions. Vertical is transforming the way people travel by offering a faster, safer, and greener way to move.
What success will look like for the Advanced Electrical Systems Engineer
- Defining, delivering and testing electrical power architecture and protective systems for use across multiple voltage levels. (i.e. 800V, 28V and 12V-5V DC and AC)
- Creating innovative fit for purpose solutions to complex electrical powertrain distribution problems, requiring trades between multiple disciplines
- Create and analyse system level trade studies with relevant teams
- Support development of in-house powertrain expertise and skill sets
- Deriving appropriate technical requirements and planning executing verification and validation of technical requirements
- Work within the bounds of defined processes and procedures and influence changes to improve existing procedures, or develop new ones
- Planning and delivery of multiple assigned tasks effectively and efficiently, including leading smaller work packages (e.g. 1-2 people for 1-3 months)
- Proactively communicate project deviations and risks to accountable stakeholders
- Setting objectives for suppliers and partners and managing them through to successful delivery
- Developing and supporting test activities both on bench and on vehicle
Everything sounds very interesting but how do I know this is the role for me?
- You will have experience with 800V energy storage and distribution systems (or similar)
- Experience with electrical distribution and protection systems. Aerospace experience here preferred, but other industries will be considered
- Experience with verification and certification. Aerospace experience here preferred, but other industries will be considered
- Familiarity with regulatory certification and qualification standards
Why work with us?
For us, it is important that people feel valued for the impact they have and are able to thrive and experience the career journey of a lifetime. Our overall approach to reward seeks to offer competitive packages that attract the diverse and talented people we need to achieve our ambitious objectives.
Our Ways of Working
In the UK we have two offices and a Battery facility in Bristol, an office in London and a site in Kemble with well stocked free kitchen provisions including hot drinks, fruit and breakfasts every weekday. Our typical full time working week is 37.5 hours. We recognise the world of work is rapidly evolving and that flexibility is important for us all to thrive. We want to support all employees to deliver their roles to the best possible standard by offering the right level of flexibility between our key sites and home where suitable for your role and its deliverables and our company goals. Typically, this is agreed with your team and people leader, ensuring there are times for collaboration and other activity on site and the ability to work more remotely from home as appropriate.Our Vertical Additional Benefits
- ‘Primary Benefits’ are available as standard, 5% Pension Match, 2 x Salary Life Insurance, Income Protection, 26 days + bank holiday and the opportunity for extra 5 days when getting married or forming a civil partnership
- ‘Flex Fund Benefits’ are benefits that don’t come as standard, but you can ‘pay’ for using a company provided ‘Flex Fund’ (equal to 4% of salary) Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, EV Car Subscription, Home EV Charger, Holiday Buy, Pension Top Up, and many more
- ‘Payroll benefits’ Workplace ISA, Commuter Loan, Interest Free Technology Loans
- ‘Extra benefits’ are the many benefits we offer that can be accessed through our rewards platform, incl. Discounted Shopping Scheme, Eye Care Benefits, Free Mortgage Advice, Financial and Comprehensive Wellness Benefits
- Eligibility to participate in our employee long-term-incentive plan
Do you like the look of this opportunity but not sure if you meet all the criteria we’ve outlined?
Here at Vertical, we are working to create an environment of growth, diversity and opportunities for people to take on challenges and push the status quo. We understand some people may not apply to jobs unless they tick every box. If you're excited about joining us and think you have much of what we're looking for, even if you're not 100% sure... we'd love to hear from you.
This is an on-going advert and interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis until sufficient applications have been received.