About The Role
Net Zero (EV)
is recruiting for a Streetworks Co-ordinator
to work on our Electric Vehicle Charger installationcontracts across the UK.
As a Streetworks Co-ordinator
you will be part of our Net Zero (EV) teamwho are responsible for installing Electric Vehicle Chargers across the UK for charge point operators.
As a Streetworks Coordinator
, you will use your streetworks system and process knowledge to ensure the management and performance of our streetworks compliance is delivered to the highest standard.
You will be responsible for the effective streetworks planning of all work orders in line with business processes, KPI’s/SLA’s and Performance Commitments alongside managing the expectations of our clients, the different Highway Authorities, and other stakeholders. All of this will be done in compliance with the relevant streetworks legislation ensuring MES is compliant at all times and minimising the risk of avoidable streetworks cost.
You will be responsible for nurturing positive relationships with our Clients, the different Highway Authorities and other stakeholders with regards to NRSWA compliance and practical applications of processes.
You will be required to input and manage all permits to Permit Authorities and associated responsibilities relating to the management of permit works from commencement to conclusion.As The Streetworks Co-ordinator Your Responsibilities Will Include
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- To be the main point of contact for street works queries internally and externally. Act as the point of contact for all escalations
- Monitor permit start and end dates.
- Registering excavation patch data
- Ensuring permits are aligned to programmes of work
- Managing the close out of all defects
- Accepting and closing out Fixed Penalty Notices and HA inspections
- Requesting Traffic Management (TM) plans from TM suppliers
- Build and maintain constructive and open relationships with clients and stakeholders in line with the MGS core value of ‘delivering what we promise’
- Send and respond to all highway requests/communications within specified time requirements
- Ensure all relevant application forms and consents are complete and populated correctly in a timely manner (Temporary Traffic Regulation Orders, Traffic Light Applications etc)
- Work alongside operational managers and teams to manage and escalate any potential issues (Location of jobs, permit conditions, ongoing works, avoidable costs)
- Submit all permits within 2 hour timescale.
- Works Stop all permits within 2 hour timescale
- Manage all works comments on receipt and respond with correct information
- Work closely with operational teams and traffic management specialists
- Monitor and manage all appropriate jeopardy reporting to minimise avoidable cost risk
- Take proactive action when notices are at risk, liaising with local Councils where appropriate to agree extensions or alternative measures
- Time Management – capacity to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Communication skills: must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal to effectively communicate with stakeholders
- Customer Service – must have the ability to listen to customer needs, being responsive to their concerns, and providing exceptional service
- Teamwork – can work effectively as part of a team, collaborating with other members of the EV team
- IT Skills - robust skills in Microsoft office software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Take responsibility and follow existing policies and procedures
- Ability to act calmly and rationally in a stressful environment
- Flexibility to support the business needs
- An enthusiastic team player with m eticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Problem-solving skills: can identify problems and come up with innovative solutions to overcome them
- Decision-making skills: can make informed decisions that align with the contract objectives
- Knowledge of NRSWA 1991 & TMA 2004 and associated Codes of Practice
- Knowledge of Permit Schemes and their operation
- Working knowledge of Street Manager or similar systems
What’s in it for you?
- Industry Knowledge – has an understanding of the EV industry, including trends, suppliers, and market conditions
Notes/Brief For Recruitment Team
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
About The Company
M Group Services delivers a range of essential infrastructure services within the water, energy, transport and telecommunications sectors in the UK & Ireland. We have built and maintained relationships with our clients over a number of years and have a strong culture that continuously focuses on safety, operational delivery, efficiency and customer service. We are committed to profitable growth both organically and through acquisitions. M Group Services, a trusted employer to over 10,000 skilled specialists working from 240 locations, operates a divisional structure aligned with its end markets. At M Group Services we recognise and value the benefits from our workforce diversity. We work hard to build and maintain inclusive environments and develop a culture where our people feel included and valued.