We are breaking the boundaries and pushing our commitment to the EVTOL world by changing the way the world travels. Our mission is powered by pioneers and progress is our prerogative.
Here at Vertical, we are developing the UK’s first fully electric, vertical take-off and landing aircraft (eVTOL), the VX4. With zero-operating emissions. Vertical is transforming the way people travel by offering a faster, safer, and greener way to move.
More about the team you will be joining as a Programme Coordinator
The Powertrain team is responsible for delivering all the power elements of the aircraft from the battery and distribution to the motors. It is one of the largest and most exciting teams within the organisation due to the extent of the scope and technical complexity.
My Impact as a Programme Coordinator
The role is key to enable the Powertrain team to deliver their goals and objectives. You will be performing a variety of tasks supporting Programme Management; interacting with the team for planning, tracking, providing visibility and reporting to key stakeholders.
What success will look like for the Programme Coordinator
- Planning the manufacture and test of prototypes.
- Working closely with internal engineering teams and external suppliers to ensure the programme objectives are achieved.
- Organising and structuring the different work packages which form the project scope.
- Support with the creation and maintenance of project plans, scheduling and prioritisation of tasks in line with the wider programme.
- Track progress of activities to deliver key work packages within the required time, cost and quality.
- Consistently monitor and report key KPIs, budget, milestones and deliverables.
- Identify key risks and opportunities in the project delivery and escalate where appropriate.
- Coordinate and track activities with external organisations and suppliers ensuring requirements, schedules, and roles and responsibilities are met and well understood.
- Support purchasing function when required, creating purchase requisitions and tracking and expediting parts.
- Liaise and communicate regularly with project stakeholders
- Support the team’s logistics activities.
- Organising all project-related paperwork.
Everything sounds very interesting but how do I know this is the role for me?
- We are looking for people that will have the following qualifications and experiences:
- Experience working in a complex engineering environment or a strictly regulated industry.
- Extremely organised and focused on detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to challenge team members and hold individuals accountable.
- Experience working within a programme, supply chain environment or purchasing function.
- Experience working with a risk management strategy.
- Good skills in project planning tools such as Microsoft Project and JIRA
- Good verbal and written communication and presentation skills
Why work with us?
For us, it is important that people feel valued for the impact they have and are able to thrive and experience the career journey of a lifetime. Our overall approach to reward seeks to offer competitive packages that attract the diverse and talented people we need to achieve our ambitious objectives.
Our Ways of Working
In the UK we have two offices and a Battery facility in Bristol, an office in London and a site in Kemble with well stocked free kitchen provisions including hot drinks, fruit and breakfasts every weekday. Our typical full time working week is 37.5 hours. We recognise the world of work is rapidly evolving and that flexibility is important for us all to thrive. We want to support all employees to deliver their roles to the best possible standard by offering the right level of flexibility between our key sites and home where suitable for your role and its deliverables and our company goals. Typically, this is agreed with your team and people leader, ensuring there are times for collaboration and other activity on site and the ability to work more remotely from home as appropriate.Our Vertical Additional Benefits
- ‘Primary Benefits’ are available as standard, 5% Pension Match, 2 x Salary Life Insurance, Income Protection, 26 days + bank holiday and the opportunity for extra 5 days when getting married or forming a civil partnership
- ‘Flex Fund Benefits’ are benefits that don’t come as standard, but you can ‘pay’ for using a company provided ‘Flex Fund’ (equal to 4% of salary) Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, EV Car Subscription, Home EV Charger, Holiday Buy, Pension Top Up, and many more
- ‘Payroll benefits’ Workplace ISA, Commuter Loan, Interest Free Technology Loans
- ‘Extra benefits’ are the many benefits we offer that can be accessed through our rewards platform, incl. Discounted Shopping Scheme, Eye Care Benefits, Free Mortgage Advice, Financial and Comprehensive Wellness Benefits
- Eligibility to participate in our employee long-term-incentive plan
Do you like the look of this opportunity but not sure if you meet all the criteria we’ve outlined?
Here at Vertical, we are working to create an environment of growth, diversity and opportunities for people to take on challenges and push the status quo. We understand some people may not apply to jobs unless they tick every box. If you're excited about joining us and think you have much of what we're looking for, even if you're not 100% sure... we'd love to hear from you.
This is an on-going advert and interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis until sufficient applications have been received.