We are breaking the boundaries and pushing our commitment to the EVTOL world by changing the way the world travels. Our mission is powered by pioneers and progress is our prerogative.
Here at Vertical, we are developing the UK’s first fully electric, vertical take-off and landing aircraft (eVTOL), the VX4. With zero-operating emissions. Vertical is transforming the way people travel by offering a faster, safer, and greener way to move.
We are looking for a technician to provide “hands on” support for Digital & Flight Systems in Kemble and Bristol.
My Impact as a Digital & Flight Systems Technician
You will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth operation of the Digital & Flight Systems in our mission of developing electric VTOL aircraft and Pioneering Electric Aviation.
What success will look like for the Digital & Flight Systems Technician
- Support the team with setup for flight test operations. Off-aircraft installation and set-up of hardware and software, and maintenance and repair if necessary.
- Support the team with rig development, commissioning, setup and test execution as/when required.
- Troubleshooting off-aircraft and support the build / maintenance team with on-aircraft troubleshooting
- Support the team with ordering of parts
- Support the team with basic Digital Mock Up (DMU) activities
- Support D&FS teams with small build projects
- Perform off-aircraft tests from procedures and on-aircraft test with support from the build / maintenance team
- Follow processes and maintain records of activities in the relevant systems
- Liaise with the D&FS team, build team, procurement, test and flight test team and co-ordinate activities
- Ensure safe working practices are being followed
Everything sounds very interesting but how do I know this is the role for me?
- A passion for building something new.
- Proactivity, forward thinking and self-motivation
- Proficiency in diagnosing, repairing and maintaining electronic equipment and systems
- Familiarity with various tools and diagnostic instruments
- Strong analytical skills to identify and resolve technical issues efficiently
- Attention to detail
- Formal technical qualification in a relevant field HNC/HND/BEng etc
- Effective communication skills to interact with team members and stakeholders
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of at least one CAD tool
- Experience assembling test rigs and installing hardware and software
- Experience cable and connector making, soldering and using power tools safely.
Why work with us?
For us, it is important that people feel valued for the impact they have and are able to thrive and experience the career journey of a lifetime. Our overall approach to reward seeks to offer competitive packages that attract the diverse and talented people we need to achieve our ambitious objectives.
Our Ways of Working
In the UK we have two offices and a Battery facility in Bristol, an office in London and a site in Kemble with well stocked free kitchen provisions including hot drinks, fruit and breakfasts every weekday. Our typical full time working week is 37.5 hours. We recognise the world of work is rapidly evolving and that flexibility is important for us all to thrive. We want to support all employees to deliver their roles to the best possible standard by offering the right level of flexibility between our key sites and home where suitable for your role and its deliverables and our company goals. Typically, this is agreed with your team and people leader, ensuring there are times for collaboration and other activity on site and the ability to work more remotely from home as appropriate.Our Vertical Additional Benefits
- ‘Primary Benefits’ are available as standard, 5% Pension Match, 2 x Salary Life Insurance, Income Protection, 26 days + bank holiday and the opportunity for extra 5 days when getting married or forming a civil partnership
- ‘Flex Fund Benefits’ are benefits that don’t come as standard, but you can ‘pay’ for using a company provided ‘Flex Fund’ (equal to 4% of salary) Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, EV Car Subscription, Home EV Charger, Holiday Buy, Pension Top Up, and many more
- ‘Payroll benefits’ Workplace ISA, Commuter Loan, Interest Free Technology Loans
- ‘Extra benefits’ are the many benefits we offer that can be accessed through our rewards platform, incl. Discounted Shopping Scheme, Eye Care Benefits, Free Mortgage Advice, Financial and Comprehensive Wellness Benefits
- Eligibility to participate in our employee long-term-incentive plan
Do you like the look of this opportunity but not sure if you meet all the criteria we’ve outlined?
Here at Vertical, we are working to create an environment of growth, diversity and opportunities for people to take on challenges and push the status quo. We understand some people may not apply to jobs unless they tick every box. If you're excited about joining us and think you have much of what we're looking for, even if you're not 100% sure... we'd love to hear from you.
This is an on-going advert and interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis until sufficient applications have been received.