Equans is looking for a Head of Account Management to join our EV Solutions team, based at home with monthly travel to Leeds and London to attend team meetings. This is a permanent role working full time 37.5 hours per week. On offer is a competitive salary, company vehicle or allowance, bonus and benefits package.
Our aim is to become a market leader in provision of Electric Vehicle charging solutions (hardware, software, and services) across both our Build, Own, operate (BOO) and 3rd Party service channels as part of our group strategy to lead the transition to zero carbon.
This role will be responsible for our interactions with corporate clients, growing and securing existing accounts, whilst working with existing clients to ensure we provide excellent service and act on all feedback received.
The role will also build and nurture key senior relationships across the marketplace and customer base, representing the business and promoting the zero-carbon strategy.
The successful candidate will form part of the business development team, responsible for delivering growth targets in existing areas and identifying new opportunities and markets. The candidate will lead a focused, motivated, and well-governed team of Account Managers and Junior Account Managers to deliver best in class service. The candidate will have a voice in the team to represent the feedback from our existing clients and the wider market and help shape the strategy of the business in response.
What will you deliver?
Team Leadership & Management & Relationship & Profile Building
- Building and maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships with focus on key accounts
- Develop and foster relationships with key business partners and Local Authorities
- Develop and foster relationships with prospects and ensure the wider business development function do likewise
- Partner with clients to understand their business needs and objectives
- Ensure relevant company policies and legal guidelines are communicated to EV Solutions team members and that they are always followed.
- Manage and lead the Account Management function to extend the lifecycle of a customer, extend our services and footprint with clients and strive for continual improvement.
- Recruit, Retain and Develop a dynamic, expert Account Management team.
Customer Growth & Relationships
- Manage all clients excellently throughout lifecycle, ensuring responsiveness and relationship building at all stages.
- Identify opportunities to grow relationships with clients and additional services and EQUANS energy services into the customer.
- Develop and execute the Account Development and Contract Management strategy to achieve sales targets for EV Charger solutions and expand our customer base.
- Effectively communicate the value proposition to clients through proposals and presentations, with support from the Marketing team
- Develop client-focused, differentiated, and achievable EV charging solutions.
- Ensure compliance with internal governance arrangements on growth opportunities and contract signatures.
- Increase customer survey response rates and customer survey NPS scores.
- Adherence to applicable legislation, regulatory and compliance requirements
- Review technology, competitors and potential clients at regular intervals to inform approach and strategy.
- Develop effective strategies and themes to successfully grow contracts, including analysis of the competition, and price/margin assessment.
- Gather market intelligence and understanding of client expectations and general needs.
What can we offer you?
On offer is a competitive salary, car or car allowance, bonus and benefits package, which includes;
- 25 days annual leave (+ public holidays)
- Life Cover equivalent to 2x times annual salary
- Employee discount shopping schemes on major brands and retailers
- Gym membership discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- 2 corporate social responsibility days per year
- Broad range of learning opportunities, such as professional qualifications, collective/individual training, and personalized support programmes
- Attractive Employee Referral Rewards Scheme
- Access to our growing employee networks including AccessAbility (representing those with physical and mental disabilities), Encompass (representing the LGBTQ+ community), RISE (representing people from ethnic backgrounds), WOMEN TOGETHER (representing women in Equans), Working Parents, and Young Professionals.
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program and access to mental wellbeing app
Who are we looking for?
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal), interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Committed to a high standard of performance.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Good organisational and leadership skills
- Electric Vehicle charger market knowledge would be advantageous.
- Proven experience in an Account Management or other similar managerial position
- Experience of winning and implementation of bids for complex and innovative projects
- Development of relationships with partners, service and technology providers and Local Authorities
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close.
- Experience of internal senior stakeholder management
- Able to build effective and positive relationships and influence positive outcomes.
- Driven & results orientated.
- Leadership experience up to 5 FTE
Who are we?
Equans is a world leader in energy services with nearly 100,000 employees working in more than 50 countries, with an annual turnover of over 17 billion euros.
In the UK & Ireland, Equans is a provider of technical, FM, regeneration and energy services - with specialist capabilities in smart buildings, green mobility, district & embedded energy and decentralised renewables.
Equans' 13,500 UK & Ireland employees combine these activities to help businesses, public sector organisations and government to embrace the energy transition towards net zero, and also the digital & industrial transitions that are redesigning the way we move, work and live.
Equans is a Bouygues group company.
If this role is of interest to you, please click below to register, apply, and track your progress! A member of our Resourcing Team will review your application and be in touch.
As part our commitment to better reflect the markets within which we operate, we encourage applications from women, ethnically diverse individuals and people with disabilities, along with all candidates who identify with protected characteristic groups under the Equality Act 2010.
At Equans we're committed to delivering a culture where everyone's voice is heard and supported. We know the value a diverse workforce creates, delivering better results for our people, customers, and stakeholders. Diversity and inclusion is at the core of what we do, should you join Equans you'll find a welcoming and open workplace where you're supported and encouraged to be your true self at work.
You'll also have access to our growing employee networks including AccessAbility (representing those with physical and mental disabilities), Encompass (representing the LGBTQ+ community), RISE (representing people from ethnic backgrounds), WOMEN TOGETHER (representing women in Equans), Working Parents, and Young Professionals.
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. Unfortunately, we are not able to offer a re-location package with this job role. Certain roles may require applicants to undergo a Disclosure check, as noted in the role requirements.
The Equans Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to Equans Managers.